Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (451 Views)

xbr55x800e isn’t showing up on phone for casting

I purchased the model xbr55x800e(2017) on Dec 26th and have not been able to connect any apps on my phone(iPhone) to the tv for streaming. The apps will connect to my xbr55x810c(2015) but I cannot figure it out for this tv. Any ideas or help? It is wire connected and both connected to the same wifi.
Expert
Message 2 of 4 (435 Views)

Re: xbr55x800e isn’t showing up on phone for casting

Apps that have 'app level' casting (Netflix, youtube) should let you cast to the TV.   If you want the equivalent of airplay for screen mirroring you can install the 'AirScreen' app from the Google Play store.   Also, you should be able to use the TV&Video Sideview app on your phone as a remote control.  If it can't connect, make sure everying is on the same network.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (405 Views)

Thanks for the comment back. I just tried to download it and use a few different apps but it didn’t work. It showed the tv on my phone and once I clicked “cast to tv” it would pop up on the screen for a second and disappear. I’m trying to use television apps such as HGTV, NBC, CBS, and those type of apps. The ones that you can download onto the tv don’t have an Xfinity selection so I’m unable to watch them but the selection is on the phone app for casting.
Expert
Message 4 of 4 (398 Views)

I'm pretty sure I connected most of those TV apps to my xfinity login but I don't remember the exact process.  I think it involved going to a web site on a computer where I logged in with the xfinity credtentials and then filled in a code displayed on the TV.

If you have a PC or Mac running the Chrome browser you can cast most web videos without specific TV apps.  But you can't do it in general from a phone. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook