Welcome to the Community!

Televisores General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 2 of 7 (1,529 Views)

Unable to download Netflix

Hello, my TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-40EX521.I'm In El Salvador, purchased back in 2015

I have confirmed that it's connected to internet and it works normally, but I'm unable to download the Netflix app into the TV. it doesn't appear by default or lets me download it. 

Please help

Rookie
Message 1 of 7 (1,527 Views)

Unable to download Netflix

Hello, my TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-40EX521.I'm In El Salvador, purchased back in 2015

I have confirmed that it's connected to internet and it works normally, but I'm unable to download the Netflix app into the TV. it doesn't appear by default or lets me download it. 

Please help

Message 3 of 7 (1,518 Views)

Re: Unable to download Netflix

Hello bracamontetania, 

Greetings and thank you for your message. Based on the specifications of the model KDL-40EX521, the applications that can be accessed through the unit are based on the availability of each internet content when the unit came out to the market back in 2011 in your region, if the Netflix application was not available using this model unfortunately it will not allow you to download and install the application since it was a content not supported by the provider in this case Netflix. We recommend using an external device such as a computer, media player or Blu-ray player that has the capability of accessing the Netflix application which can be connected through one of the available video IN ports of the television.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 7 (512 Views)

Hi, my model is kdl55ex720 and it not appears the application after the "refresh content", I'm In Monterrey, Mexico. How can I do? Neither the button works for me.

Thank you
Message 5 of 7 (449 Views)

Hello kanji78, 

Greetings and thank you for your message, we apologize for the delay on our response. In addition, as the previous post, your model is from 2011, therefore, if you have already connected the unit to your local network and  refreshed the content and it is not showing the Netflix application, it will not be possible to add it since at the time that the unit came out and was placed on the market that application was not supported in your country.

Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (419 Views)

Thank you for the answer Jeannettez.
So, even my control does have the “Netflix” button and The tv was bought from an U.S. store, (not from me because I’m the second owner) I cannot use Netflix?

If your answer is no...There’s a way to reset the tv...a factory reset?

Thank you!

Bye
Message 7 of 7 (340 Views)

Good day kanji78, 

Unfortunately the applications if you are currently using it in Mexico since at the time this model was available in the market Netflix was not a part of the pre-installed applications it cannot be added through a software update or resetting the unit back to factory default settings, you can try getting a US IP address to be able to acquire content available within the region. However, we cannot guarantee that it will add the application, we do recommend as an alternative to use an external device that has the capabilities of accessing the applications such as a computer, media player or Blu-ray player with internet access by connecting one of them through the video in ports of the television.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook