Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Accessories

Groovin'
mamabrumble59

I have a vaio control center but can not find viao care to activate internal scans

I have owned this computer for about a year and am only now getting comfortable with it. I was lucky enough to buy it used from a renta place because they felt it was to expensive to rent out and cover repairs. I probubly paid more than I should but still tthought it a better deal and easier fit for my budget .In my eyes viao is the best. I want to use every option available to keep this running top notch and there are a few issues I need to address. I also bought a tashiba laptop for my husband and within only a couple months both computers had the dvd drives stop working. They run but are not recognised. I took them back to the company but all they did was reboot the origional system. I would like ton scan the drives and see if there is a way to get them running. I dont have any warrenties so if I can work it out all the better any help[ out there advise is welcome.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TonyM

Re: I have a vaio control center but can not find viao care to activate internal scans

[ Edited ]

Hello Laura,

What is the model # of the computer?

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=264#notebook

Windows 7:

Click on start menu, type: VAIO Care in search box and press enter key.

Windows 8:

Press Windows + Q > type: VAIO Care and hit enter key.

Enter model # to locate VAIO Care and its updates. You may download and install them.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

You may provide some additional details to identify the exact issue.

Please mark the solution as Accepted, if you find this information useful.

Please use plain text.