Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Accessories

Groovin'
lukem21
Accepted Solution

Use Sony VAIO SVL2412 as Secondary Monitor for laptop?

[ Edited ]

I recently was given the Sony VAIO SVL2412 for Christmas and would like to be able to use it with my HP work laptop (have a docking station for it) as a secondary monitor.  Is it possible to do this through my docking station?  Would a VGA to HDMI adapter do the trick since there is no VGA input on the VAIO?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Miguael

Re: Use Sony VAIO SVL2412 as Secondary Monitor for laptop?

Hello Luke,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Unfortunately, All-in-One Sony VAIO computers cannot be used as an external monitor. However, you may connect a VCR or DVD Player following the steps mentioned here: http://esupport.sony.com/docs/pc/SVL2411_series/EN/contents/06/04/03/03.html#l1_

Regards,

Miguael

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
lukem21

Bummer, thanks Miguael.  

Please use plain text.
JoelP

lukem21,

There is a chance you may be able to connect external monitor - look on the back of your SVL2412, to see if you find an HDMI port labeled 'HDMI output'.  If you have one of these on your model, you can connect it to an external screen or TV via HDMI cable.  If your external monitor does not have HDMI, you can get an HDMI to DVI or HDMI to VGA adapter for it.

If you don't have an HDMI out port on your VAIO, you can purchase video display adapter aftermarket products from a number of manufacturers which will plug into USB to give you an option for a second screen.

Please use plain text.