Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Accessories

Tuning Up
bpolicy
Accepted Solution

optiarc BD Rom BC-5500S

Where can I find the drivers for Optiarc BD Rom BC-5500S?  Mine hasn't worked for about 5 years now and got frustrated trying to fix this and wonder if someone out there can help. 

Please use plain text.
JoelP

Re: optiarc BD Rom BC-5500S

[ Edited ]

I believe this is a European model BD drive.  Support and downloads can be found here - http://www.sony-optiarc.eu/supportservice/downloads/archive/downloadsarchive/bluraydrivesnotebooks/b...

Drivers are usually included with Windows Vista or Windows 7.  When you say it doesn't work, what specifically doesn't work?  Can it read CD or DVD discs?  For playback of Blu-ray movies, you need to have specialized BD playback software.  Windows doesn't natively support playback of BD movies itself.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rognerius

Re: optiarc BD Rom BC-5500S

Hello, I got some promblem with my SVS15115FLB. For some reason my DVD-ROM show as "BD-ROM" in my computer, but the main problem is that it doesn't want to read DVDs but only Bluray Disc. 

I am using Windows 8 and it was working Ok since last update. I would appreciate some help.

Please use plain text.