Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 11 of 13 (1,201 Views)

Re: Always have had problems hooking up my VGN-T150 to a wireless network

That is awesome news!  Seeing 54Mbps is normal.  G signal band is max out at 54Mbps and your notebook only supports G and B signal band.  Don't worry about the number because it doesn't affect you internect connection speed.

54Mbps is the transfer speed when you transfer files from one computer to another computer within your network.  54Mbps does not affect your internet speed what so ever.  Internet speed (Download and upload) is controled by your ISP provider.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Enthusiast
Message 12 of 13 (1,195 Views)

Thanks agaiin for the help. Seems as if de-installing then reinstalling the driver did it. Is there any advantage for me to select B and G band for the choices I have instead of G, or B, band? I've cycled all of it a few times now and it seems to be very good. I also discovered that Google Chjrome and the Vaio do not get along that well. I de-installed Chrome and am back to using IE for now.

While I got you...it seems as if the VGNT150 will not go beyond XP-SP3 for op systems. No Vista or Windows7/8. I love the little Vaio and have used this for years giving presentations to a zillion folks in the broadcast industry. I even had MPEG1 video use before all the MAC-heads were on board with video in their laptops. Maybe it's time to buy a new tablet, eh?

Highlighted
Message 13 of 13 (1,193 Views)

The G Signal will allow you to have a faster file transfer from one PC to another PC within your same network.  I recommend that you keep it at a G signal since most device uses G at this moment.  N signal is starting to grow however it still lags behind the G Signal band in terms of device compatibility .

store.sony.com is currently selling the SVD series which is about the same size as your current notebook that has Windows 8 preinstall.   This device will cause head to turn when you are giving presentations.  =)

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook