Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (1,692 Views)
Accepted Solution

Battery not detecting in Vaio.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have Vaio E Series Laptop, Model: SVE15138CNB, Windows 10, battery pack: VGP-BPS26(Checked, not in defected battery list).

Battery not detecting. Vaio Running on direct power.

Facing this issue from last 20 days, battery health was "GOOD" as per vaio control center software.

Troubleshooting done:

1.ISB utility tool disable.

2. Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery unistall.

3. Keeping the power botton pressed for 30sec without any power and battery.(To discharge the system)

4. Full reset the computer and again migrate from windows 8 -> 8.1 -> 10.

None of the above mentioned process worked. Except this problem, vaio is running like a charm.

Please help me to fix this.

Thanks in advace.

Message 2 of 3 (1,645 Views)

Re: Battery not detecting in Vaio.

Hi Souradeep,

Welcome to Sony Community!

t looks like you already did your part. Are you still using the original battery? Have you checked if the error occurs after you reformatted the laptop? Is it after you upgraded to Windows 8.1 or is it after the Windows 10 upgrade? If this happened after on Windows 11 upgrade then this could be the limitation of the operating system. you may check the link below if for additional troubleshooting.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32107/p/48903,49902,71051,71072/c/65,66/kw/battery...

If you already performed the suggested steps, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (1,536 Views)

Re: Battery not detecting in Vaio.

[ Edited ]

Yea I have done all the steps, I contacted Sony CC, and  they told me its a Battery problem. i need replace the battery with new one. its not a hardware issue.

But i have a dought, When I last checked the battery health from Vaio Control Center, it was showing in "Good" condition. then how could this happen i.e. from good condition now its battery is not detecting condition? How could be a battery detoriate in this way!!!

This is not expected from SONY!!

And the original battery is too expensive in India and even not available in the SC, they told me after ordering, i have to wait for 25 days. 

So I would like to request to SONY, to provide me a free replacement of the battery. Am a Student, I cant afford the high price fo the battery.

This is a small request to SONY, please consider this.

Thank you.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook