Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Garage Band
hani71
Accepted Solution

Battery problem on Vaio S Series Laptop

Hi

I updated my vaio s series laptop (SVS13A1CGXB) to windows 8 about a week ago and started installing vaio apps like Vaio Care and Vaio Gate etc. and after installing Vaio Power Management Software, from yesterday i recieved an error which says "Remove and reinsert the battery".

I did what it said and removed the battery and reinserted it. after starting windows the error appeared again. so i did remove and reinsert the battery about five times again and again but did'nt get a result.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks

Untitled123.png

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
AngeloC

Re: Battery problem on Vaio S Series Laptop

Remove the battery
Restart the computer
click on start
type msconfig.exe on the search bar
then on msconfig go to startup
then disable isb utility
shut down, insert the battery
then your good to go

hope this helps..
Please use plain text.
Garage Band
hani71

Thanks. it worked. 1-But what is the (isb utility) which i disabled it ? What does it do? what changed after disabling it? 2-I uninstalled the Vaio Power Management before doing what you told me. can i install it again? won't the error appear again ?
Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
AngeloC

it is a function of the vaio computers to detect battery if the battery it detects is not the one specific for the computer it will not recognize it in some cases even if the battery of your computer is still the one that it came with for some reasons it doesnt recognize it

it somewhat associated with windows update if ever that the isb utility malfunctions that is the reason why disabling it will let the battery be recognized again

if this solved it please accept as a solution
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
somewood

i have bought a laptop which was kept unused for more than 1 year (sony vaio S-series-VPCSB17GG), it has internal battery i suppose which is dead for being kept unused for a long time, im not able to switch it ON, kindly tell me how to use the laptop directly from electricity and how to change the battery , can it be used directly from electricity without putting the battery and is it possible to revive the original battery .

Please use plain text.
Chart Buster
SonyFanGirl

[ Edited ]
Hi there, somewood!

I have replied to your other post: http://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Hardware-Networking/i-have-bought-a-laptop-which-was-kept-unused-f...

Please check it when you have the time!

Thanks! :smileyhappy:
Sony's #1 Fangirl, Esther Smit
Please use plain text.