Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
suz4057

Cannot connect to internet unless hardwired

I inherited a VGN-SR190 laptop from my niece.  I cannot connect to the internet unless I am hardwired.  Can this be happening because there is a dead battery in it??  It shows I am connected and have excellent reception but it will not connect to the internet.  I am stumped and curious about the battery.  I am afraid to purchase a battery online as they all have horror stories written about them.  Thanks for anybodys input or thoughts!!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Danny_

Re: Cannot connect to internet unless hardwired

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
AM_itzh

Hi suz4057,

Battery should not be an issue. Since, you are using a AC adapter, wireless adapter can still be used as normal.

Try installing all three updates available under Wireless category from the below link:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNSR190&template_id=1®ion_id=1&tab=download#/downlo...

If still same issue, you should get an error message when you hover the mouse pointer over the wireless icon in the system tray. Something like "Limited access" or "no Internet access".

Sometime if you are connecting to a secured wireless router, inputting an incorrect SSID or encryption key willl create such issues. 

If nothing works out.. Try contacting Sony technical chat support team. 

Regarding the batteries. trust me never buy from an unauthorized dealer. It will kaputt your computer..

Compatible battery models  will be 

Standard Capacity Lithium-ion Battery (VGP-BPS13A/B)

Large Capacity Battery (VGP-BPL13)

Try calling Sony parts accessories sales dept :1-239-768-7691

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
suz4057

THANK YOU!!!  Solved my problem.  Not quite sure what worked but I am connected.  Thank you again for your time.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
suz4057

Thank you!!!  I am connected.  Not sure what actually fixed my problem but I am pleased.  Thank you for your time.

Please use plain text.