Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

USER-916326

Cannot turn on built in webcam

Hi everyone,

I am using Sony Laptop VGN-NS190J. Currently, my built in webcam cannot connect and turn on. When I open my webcam, it show error " A webcam was not found or i not working properly. Please click connect button and try again."

After I cick on button connect it said "Camera not found. The camera is in use by another application, or not connected.

I already re-installed new driver for it but it still error like this. Please help me how to solve this problem.

My webcam model ArcSoft WebCam Companion 2.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Re: Cannot turn on built in webcam

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum.

If you have already checked Device Manager and there isn't any issues there and you have already updated the driver then I would recommend that you check your security software - you may need to uninstall and reinstall it to eliminate it as a possible cause. Also try running a Windows System Restore back to when it was working before. If the issue persists contact Sony product support for further troubleshooting. You may have to run a recovery, so make sure you have all your personal data backed up:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/suppor ... =VGNNS190J
Please use plain text.