Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (502 Views)

Connect SSD from VPCZ2390X to a new PC for data recovery?

[ Edited ]

I owned a Sony VPCZ2390X (full model US-VPCZ2390X-LBOM) which unfortunately broke after many good years of usage. I physically removed the SSD, foolishly believing I could easily purchase an adapter for it later to recover the data. This has turned out to be a very difficult matter.

The hard drives P/N is MZRP**56HADR-00**O

The hard drives model is MZ**RP**560/**

I believe the ribbon is Sony-Vaio-VPCZ2390X-PCG-41311L-SSD-Connector-Cable-Hard-Drive-HD-FPC-224-12

Can anyone provide me on guidance on what parts / adapters I would need to purchase to connect this to my new PC to acces the files and folders and perform data recovery? 

The drive has no physical damage.

Thank you!

Message 2 of 4 (466 Views)

Re: Connect SSD from VPCZ2390X to a new PC for data recovery?

[ Edited ]

Hi, Elliotdl

Welcome to Sony Community! 

This is one of the reasons why we do not recommend our customers to tear down the unit or do an upgrade by themselves. Service Center of Sony will be very helpful in terms of any hardware-related concerns on your Sony devices: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

For best assistance with this, we highly recommend contacting Authorized Parts Distributors of Sony: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-accessories.pl. Make sure to have the serial number of your computer or the service tag ready. They might ask for these details. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (454 Views)

Thank you Vincent!

I will try calling these authorized parts distributors, and if they provide a solution, I will mark your answer as Accepted.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (401 Views)

Vincent, I'm sorry but these instructions were of no help to me.

I called encompass parts (1-866-779-5153) and the representative said that question could be answered by VAIO technical premium support (1-888-476-6972) and then the VAIO premium support representative said that question should be answered by the parts supplier, and then they connect me back to encompass parts (1-866-770-5153)

So everyone is just handing me off in circles.

All I need to know is some specification information about a part, and it seems nobody knows where it is documented.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook