Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
chongman

DVD\CD drive read CDs but not DVDs

After replacing the hard disk of my computer model VGC-LV150DJ, I discover that the DVD\CD drive reads only CDs but not DVDs.  Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
NickT

Re: DVD\CD drive read CDs but not DVDs

Hi chongman,

Were you able to reinstall windows?  And if so, did you use recovery cd or retail windows disk?  Or how did you install windows and what OS(Operating System)?   Also possible missing Windvd software to play dvd movies.  Or the other hands, may have a bad drive itself. 

Nick-

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
chongman

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response.  My computer is running on Window Vista Home Premium.  The hard disk is actually replaced by a computer company (not Sony).  I don't think they use the recovery cd.  As advised, I have downloaded the Windvd software but it still doesn't work.  So I think it may be the problem of the drive.

Please use plain text.
NickT

Hi chongman,

I see.  Ask them if they use the DVD drive on this computer, or external drive.  If they did use the one on this computer, that means the dvd drive is working.  Just need software.  If they did not, then bad drive.

Nick-

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
chongman

Hi Nick,

Thank you so much for your advice!

Chongman

Please use plain text.
NickT

My pleasure chongman.