Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
MANNUCHAMP

Fan problem (VPCEB14EN)

RESPECTED SIR/MADAM,

I was having too much fan niose , so i went to market and decided to get it clean . shopkeeper cleaned  it and retured the laptop after 30 mins , i went home and when i was watching movie , suddenly (after 15 mins)some noise started to come out (like fan is touching metallic surface while running)  , i  oponed my laptop this morning and tried to adjust the metalic looking plate above the fan , but  the noise is still coming (this weired noise only comes during boot power on and when i try to do anything heavy )   please guide me  , thanks 

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Re: Fan problem (VPCEB14EN)

Hello MANNUCHAMP,

It sounds like the fan may need service/replacement if it is making a mechanical noise like you describe.

I suggest contacting support in your region to initiate a repair.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
MANNUCHAMP

thank you for replying sir 

IS there any way that i can buy this fan from sony and replace it myself  just curious to know .  i don't know from where to find this fan i have tried market , but they don't know about this fan !

Please use plain text.
RyanC

You can buy parts from Sony Parts.

This is an India model, so I dont have access to the part number but it should still be possible to order. However you may need to contact sony in that region if you have any difficulties.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
MANNUCHAMP

sir i can not find  accessories parts in this website ,  i'm uploading pic of my fan $(KGrHqVHJEIFGvNm1bz(BR1(oSTkpw~~60_57.JPG   i also want to tell you that my LCD screen was broke so i changed it with LED .

Please use plain text.
RyanC

MANNUCHAMP,

You have an India model so you may need to contact support in your region to access the part number.

I cannot provide the part number to you from the USA.

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Here is a link to the Sony India Support Site.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
MANNUCHAMP

thank you for your time sir .
Please use plain text.