Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (482 Views)

Fixing SVP11 SD slot door spring

Hi all, I'm trying to fix the SD slot door on my SVP11216PXB, which is a very very minor problem, but still..... I am missing the spring that pushes the door close when no SD card is installed. Is there any way to find this part? I've looked everywhere online with no luck. The part numbers I have matching this part are: A-1968-496-A and A-1968-495-A. Union Electronics told me it is discontinued, but Encompass customer support has it backordered 17 days! - would appreciate any help! Thanks

Message 2 of 2 (379 Views)

Re: Fixing SVP11 SD slot door spring

Hi, Dturner

Welcome to Sony Community! 

These 2 distributors are the authorized parts distributors of Sony. Certain parts of Sony VAIO (and other Sony products) cannot be found in any other stores. You may try contacting Sony service center to check if they have the part/s that you need for your computer: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

We still recommend waiting for the part from Encompass but we cannot guarantee that they will be available until the stated date. For updates regarding the stock availability, you may contact them again. 

Best regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook