VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (93 Views)

Graphic Chip Replacement

Hello,

i have a question about replacing my graphic chip on Sony Vaio SVE14A15FGB. couple of months ago i had an issue with my display and i sent my laptop to a shop where the workers there said my ATI Radeon HD7670M was failed so they reball the chip and it worked properly just for a few months. and now the chip is failed again so the question is, there are 2 variants of HD7670M which are DDR3 type and GDDR5 type. both shares the same amount of power consumption which is approx.20W. both still 1gb memory and same clock speed. i planned to replace my graphic chip from HD7670M DDR3 to a brand new HD7670M GDDR5. is it possible? thanks and sorry for my dummy english

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (52 Views)

Re: Graphic Chip Replacement

Hi, Zikrisbrddn

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For best assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook