VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (770 Views)

Graphic Chip Replacement

Hello,

i have a question about replacing my graphic chip on Sony Vaio SVE14A15FGB. couple of months ago i had an issue with my display and i sent my laptop to a shop where the workers there said my ATI Radeon HD7670M was failed so they reball the chip and it worked properly just for a few months. and now the chip is failed again so the question is, there are 2 variants of HD7670M which are DDR3 type and GDDR5 type. both shares the same amount of power consumption which is approx.20W. both still 1gb memory and same clock speed. i planned to replace my graphic chip from HD7670M DDR3 to a brand new HD7670M GDDR5. is it possible? thanks and sorry for my dummy english

Highlighted
Message 2 of 3 (729 Views)

Re: Graphic Chip Replacement

Hi, Zikrisbrddn

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For best assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (613 Views)

Re: Graphic Chip Replacement

zikrisbrddn i think i have also same problem i got sve15137cn with amd 7650m and my display showing more denser colour. But in the service care they told me your display gone i couldn't agree so went other shop they told me ur gpu failed. But my friends r saying if gpu is failed u won't able to display the picture. What i do any suggestions??

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook