Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
stratagem
Accepted Solution

Help with sony vaio ultrabook (SVT13122CXS) wireless Light on but no networks.

Ok, so I have this sony ultrabook that came with Windows 8. I wasn't ready for the change so I downgraded to Windows 7. The install went fine. But now when I boot I can't detect any wireless networks. I Enabled/Disabled wireless, I tried to install Vaio Smart Network(It won't open) but nothing is working. This is the second clean install I've done. I've tried talking to Sony techs via the online chat but they can't seem to help. They would remote in, look around, try the same things I have and tell me to do another clean install. :/ Anyone have any real answers? 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
stratagem

Re: Help with sony vaio ultrabook (SVT13122CXS) wireless Light on but no networks.

Anyone? Maybe there is software that I can install that will do the same job as Smart Network? 

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
AngeloC

Re: Help with sony vaio ultrabook (SVT13122CXS) wireless Light on but no networks.

you can first try to access the wireless using safe mode with networking

tap f8 while starting the nb to access advace boot options

Hope this helps..
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Steveg-carmel

I would compare the wireless LAN driver listed on the support page for Win7 64-bit with what you have installed on your machine. Since the Win8 driver differs from the Win7 driver, it seems like a good place to start.

Please use plain text.
PeterT

stratagem,

Is there and driver conflict in device manager?
What id the driver version for the wireless cards?
Did you install the win7 wlan version on eSupport.sony.com?

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.