Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

New Contributor
USER-978941

How to disable Sony Vaio VGN-NR32S Touchpad?

Hello, I've got Sony Vaio VGN-NR32S laptop, and would like to know whether there is a way to turn off its touchpad as it gets very annoying when typing and I prefer external mouse plugged in. I've heard you can turn it off with Vaio Control Center, but I can't find where to get it from. It's also very hard to find any drivers for the laptop as there's no such option in the drop-down box for the model.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Re: How to disable Sony Vaio VGN-NR32S Touchpad?

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum.

Vaio Control Center should be listed in the Windows Control Panel, and once you are there it should be under "Keyboard and Mouse" / "Built-in Pointing Device". There you should be able to switch it off - there will be an "Enable" check box that you need to uncheck. The VGN-NR32S is a European model and so if you have any further issues with the notebook Sony Europe have their own separate forums and so would be best qualified to answer any questions you may have on this model.

The following link is for the UK site; however you can change this to a different country/language by clicking on the flag to the right of the Sony logo at the top of the page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/community/en/support
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-978941

Thanks for your reply. However, the 'Disable' function is not available when I click the touchpad properties. It only lets me view driver details, update driver and uninstall driver. If I uninstall it, it still installs back after I restart my pc. Any ideas on what could I do?
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Had this been a US NR series model, the instructions should have guided you to the setting, however it appears that European models may have a different configuration. As this forum is for support for Canada and the United States only, the users at the Sony European forums will be best qualified to assist you further:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/community/en/support
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-978941

European forums are retarded - I can't find anything there. There's no contact information, nothing. Looks like they dont give a .... about their customers.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

I have checked the Sony Europe support site and this model does have "Vaio Control Center" - however if the notebook has been re-imaged with another o/s it might not be listed in Control Panel, in which case you need to get it installed to be able to disable the touchpad:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/v ... GN-NR32S_S

You will not be able to disable the touchpad in "Mouse Properties", it has to be in "Vaio Control Center" / "Keyboard and Mouse" / "Built-in Pointing Device".
Please use plain text.