Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 31 of 40 (1,780 Views)

Re: How to replace Vaio Flip 15 keyboard

Great to hear there's a solution. I'll check it on my laptop, but since symptoms are similar, you gave me a hope!
Thank you!Thank you!Thank you! =))
Apprentice
Message 32 of 40 (1,750 Views)

Writing using my keyboard ))
I unpluged previously mentioned led cable, but keyboard still didn't work. After that I put it back (I thought that at least something should work), and to my surprise the keyboard started working (and leds also)!

Rookie
Message 33 of 40 (1,700 Views)

elemekh wrote:

Hi.

This board https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9YMYXwNU8-LdFhYNktSLWc4Uzg

So, I had the Sony Vaio Flip 14A. Keyboard suddenly stopped working as provided by thread master. Same thing happened, none key worked, even the windows key on screen. 

Refreshing the laptop, restore it back to time before... nothing works.  Even tried to update it to windows 10. Still doens't work. 

Luckily I found this thread and follow the instructions.  since 14A only have " 1 blue LED wire" so i unplug it and put back the battery and power on, tada!!!! it worked.  Then I turned it off and take out the bat and plug the led back in.  And tadaaa it still works. 

So basically this solved the keyboard issues which many Sony technicians couldn't fix. 

Rookie
Message 34 of 40 (1,301 Views)

Hi! Today I've came into exactly same problem - only arrows worked (not always). I even needed to plug in external USB keyboard to unlock the bitlocker protection.

Weird.. Laptop was running w/o problems few days ago... And it just laid on a desk.

My first thought was also about Windows update and EFI firmware (which can be altered ie. when you run a pre-installed partition with a different language it replaces firmware - I guess it's done by the vaio care).

However, Initially I was a bit devastated reading your first posts here, but the last ones gave some hope Smiley Wink after all, your solution worked.

However, I think it's a matter of disconnecting the battery which probably resets keyboard controller (among others).

When I disconnected only the leds board, it didn't work.
On the other hand you tried keyboard replacement which also didn't work.. So, maybe battery+leds board..?

Nevertheless, in the end, everything works again. Smiley Happy
Message 35 of 40 (1,288 Views)

Hi Simoneq

Welcome to Sony Community!

It's good to know that after several attempts the laptop works again. We strongly suggest though, that if this happens again, kindly visit our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ to assist you with this issue.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 36 of 40 (1,129 Views)

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! I'M ABOUT TO CRY! THANK YOU!

I am using this garbage more than one year without keyboard. I tried everything, I've bought new keyboard, replaced it.. didnt work.. Format didnt work, bios update didnt worked, nothing worked! I went to the service, they tried everything and finally told me we need to change the mainboard! 

Not just that! After I push the power button I was waiting with black screen for 1 HOUR sometimes 2 HOURS to see "VAIO" sign and the login screen. I tried everything to fix that, I spent my months! Tried every solution I've found.. no! nothing!

And, I've just saw your solution, unplugged that idiot led cable

"" Now.. the keyboard works and boot time is 1 min!! """

I just cant believe my eyes! 

I don't know how to thank you! I really dont know..

Thank you man! Thank you soo much!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 37 of 40 (940 Views)

Hi everyone!

Can you check screen rotation. It doesn't work after i unplug LED boardSmiley Sad Check pleas 

Thanks

Message 38 of 40 (915 Views)

Hi Elemekh,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear about what happened to your laptop. This is the reason why we don't advise customers to repair their own laptop especially if it's a hardware related issue. This will cause further issues on the laptop. In this case, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ to assist you with this issue. 

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Rookie
Message 39 of 40 (741 Views)

Its now July 2017 and teh LED issue was same problem for me - now solved.  FANTASTIC - thanks a million times guys.

FWIW I had exactly same problems with my keyboard on a Sony Vaio Model SVF15N1C5E on Win 10pro - started in December 2016.  Backlight would come on at startup but keyboard dead after that.  Had to use on-screen k/board or USB to log-in.

I had tried all usual driver updates, Win10 updates, install/uninstall in Device Manager etc - all not worked.  Took it to local PC shop about 6 months ago and they said keyboard not showing in BIOS (I haven't checked) and thought m/board possibly on its way out.

Been using USB keyboard for 6 months as not wanted to spend any more on old laptop.  Occasionally, CAPS light on laptop keyboard would light up when using USB keyboard but intermittent.

Then, about 3/4 weeks ago, laptop keyboard suddenly started working again for no obvious reason.  Last week it went dead  again (Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!)

Spotted this thread and opening up the back and fiddling with the LED board solved the problem.  In my case, I was just reviewing things with the back cover off and the battery still charged & connected(!).  I thought I might be able to disconnect the LED connector without the hassle of taking out the battery and as I was faffing about with the purple ribbon cable connector the red LED light came on.

I left the LED board connected, replaced the cover and re-started.  Keyboard is working fine now and laptop has been powered-down and re-booted from battery and mains power 3 times each.

Also noticing a quicker boot-up time.

This was driving me insane - thanks, thanks, thanks, again.

Andy

Message 40 of 40 (714 Views)

Hi, Andyplan

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook