VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (895 Views)

Laptop battery help Vaio VPCEB33FD

Hi,

This is my last resort to seek help about my battery charging issue.

I've got a Vaio laptop VPCEB33FD, model PCG-71315L, it was bought in canada (apparently that makes a differece). I run Windows 7.

About a month ago I noticed the battery wasn't charging when plugged in, tried different wall outlets. It very slowly started dropping in it's percentage but still said "plugged in, charging".

I took it to best buy to find out if it was the charger or the battery, it was the battery.

So I bought a new one, it arrived today.  I replaced it, the new one was totally dead and the computer wouldn't turn on.

I plugged it in and it's at 0%, says "plugged in, charging", it's not charging and I'm typing this while it's sitting at 0%...

I'm totally lost on this, please help!!!

Thank you,

Lydia

Message 2 of 4 (860 Views)

Re: Laptop battery help Vaio VPCEB33FD

Hi LydiaM,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear that the new battery doesn't charge. Where did you buy the new battery? I believe it's the same as the old battery and it's Sony brand.

Kindly follow the instructions on the link below:

https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31952

https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40159/kw/battery%20won't%20charge/related/1

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (850 Views)

Hi JenF,

No, the battery isn't Sony, when I spoke with them they said they didn't make this particular battery anymore.

I tried following the steps in the frst link you provided but I don't have a Sony folder in the Program Files(x86) folder, I searched and it also came up empty. I searched for the ISB Utility Folder and it had no results.

I also don't seem to have a Vaio Central or Vaio Control Center, so I can't locate the Battery Care Function.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, 

Lydia

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (823 Views)

Hi LydiaM,

Thank you for your reply.

Did you upgrade the operating system on this device? If so, how did you do it? I think some important software were deleted for some reason. These Vaio Central or Vaio Control Center, etc are important for the normal functions of the computer. You can download the missing drivers and software from Sony website and then try again the steps that I provided you.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook