Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Tuning Up
shoemanfl
Accepted Solution

My Sony Vaio Model PCG-61611L LED Green Light Turns on but nothing else happens

When I turn on my Sony Vaio Model PCG-61611L, the green LED light goes on, but nothing much happens. The laptop is from 2010 and is never abused, so I do not know what has happened. It just started doing this on occasions and now I can't turn it on at all. Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
trung

Re: My Sony Vaio Model PCG-61611L LED Green Light Turns on but nothing else happens

shoemanfl,

It looks like you have no POST issue.  Does the caplock/numlock light up when you press it?  Have you try connecting it to an external monitor to see if it's a dim display issue?  If it's a no POST, try reseating the ram or using it one at a time...you can also remove the optical drive and the hard drive to see if you can boot to no operatiing system found.  If you can't still the unit would require service...

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Nyler

Re: My Sony Vaio Model PCG-61611L LED Green Light Turns on but nothing else happens

I have also problem with my sony vaio e series model, the power indicator is light on, the fan is spinning, the CD ROM is working, the capslock, vaio is not working or no light, the charging is working, the HD indicator is not blinking his light is stable but there is no start up display screen is totally black.

Please use plain text.
trung

Nyler,

It's possible that you have a no POST or a dim display.  Try reseating the memory to see if that will work.  If not, try shining a flashlight at the LCD and see if you can see anything.  Also try connecting it to an external monitor.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
douglittler

Did you get your laptop fixed?? I went to turn on my Sony Vaio PCG - 61611L and the green power light was already on, but the screen was black and the caps, scroll, and num lock lights were out. I could hear the fan was on but nothing would happen if I moved the mouse pad or hit any button on the keyboard. I did all of the solutions that everyone mentioned on youtube, such as removing the battery and holding the power button for 30 sec, resetting the RAM, still nothing... Then late last night I figured out the solution on my own, relieved that I didnt lose any info or pictures..  Email me if you want to know how to fix it, only takes a couple of seconds...

Doug

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
joegreen

Doug, I have the exact same issue you describe.  What was your solution/

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
douglittler

Here's how I got it to work, follow these steps in this order...

1. If the computer is off, leave it off... If not hold the power button for 5 seconds until it turns off.

For the next step locate the button next to the ALT to the right of the space bar, ( it looks like a dropdown with an arrow on it) Just refer to it as the dropdown button...

2. When the computer is off, at the same time push the dropdown button and the Assist button (next to the power button) at the same time, and it should turn on...

let me know if this helps you out, I was relieved when my laptop turned on, hope it works out for ya...

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
joegreen

Unfortunately this didn't work for me.  Pressing the dropdown & Assit buttons seem to power it on like pressing the power button, but nothing happens other than the power button turning green.  The screen and no oher lights come on.  I hear the fan running though

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
douglittler

keep trying it a couple of times, i had to do it a couple of times for it to work...

the third time i tried it and it worked, possibly try pushing the dropdown first then the assist button...

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
EFUDD78

HEY I HAVE A SONY LAPTOP DOING THE SAME THING FIRST FLICKERED ALL THE TIME THEN FINALLY WENT DARK COMPLETELY HELP ME PLEASE

Please use plain text.