Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Emerging Star
Nimche

Re: [New Sony Vaio Pro] Wifi Issue!

So everyone gave up? I am still waiting to receive my laptop from repair center for the second time. its taking forever....has anyone experimenting on using a decent laptop instead of Vaio Pro?
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
cbautis2

I surrendered a long time ago already :smileysad:. However, that doesn't mean I hate using my Vaio Pro non-touch! When the disconnection issue was resolved for me at least, I started to fully enjoy my Vaio Pro after that and even forgot about WiFi at all, which is really good when I'm at least not too far from the router. I guess I memorized the range where I can use the Vaio Pro without the slow WiFi. Unlike some of those who unfortunately have some issues other than WiFi, mine was still working in excellent condition. It might be due to me doing a clean install Windows 7 though I lose a lot of Vaio exclusive perks. For me, hardware beauty and bloatware free OS are the foremost requirements for a great laptop. I still visit this thread occasionally.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
henrik80

I have had problems consantly for about one month now, i have started to ask the hotel staffs to try to get me rooms close to the router always, and right now im in Panama city airport and while everyone else can just connect to the free wifi in this airport i had to pay 50USD to the business longe access so i can sit 3-5 meter away from their router....amazingly nice to have Sony! i am getting home tomorrow and will visit the Sony place Monday, and have them either take back the laptop, or give me anotherone, which shall work as all other normal laptops, or they have to refund 100% -- and thats really cheap, i have stuggled crazy much about this issue

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
Nimche

This is the online status:

" Unfortunately a part(s) is on backorder for your work order.
Your repair will be expedited as soon as the part(s) is received.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. "
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Haran

Wanna buy a Sony Vaio Pro 11. It is perfect for me.

Please Sony, you have to solve urgently this annoying wi-fi HARDWARE issue on future produced items.

URGENTLY. This is what a serious company would make.

Otherwise, next month I will buy a Toshiba or a Samsung ultrabook.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
CronGM

Why in ****** is this thread marked as solved?!?! THIS ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED SONY! DON'T TURN A BLIND EYE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS OR BE PREPARED TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
cbautis2

[ Edited ]

Haran wrote:

Wanna buy a Sony Vaio Pro 11. It is perfect for me.

Please Sony, you have to solve urgently this annoying wi-fi HARDWARE issue on future produced items.

URGENTLY. This is what a serious company would make.

Otherwise, next month I will buy a Toshiba or a Samsung ultrabook.

Sony will soon release 2014 Vaio Pros with updated WiFi (802.11ac from what I saw on the articles, most probably Intel 7260AC) but I don't know yet if they did some antenna redesign (maybe put them to the screen bezel instead of next to system board). It seems like they're just gonna abandon the current Pro WiFi range issue after they release the newer Vaio Pros. Well, I would be happy if they can give us an exchange to newer model for 10% of price of the newer model and get new 1 year warranty as a bonus. See the news article here: http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/5275804/sony-refreshes-vaio-line-adding-11-inch-flip-model-and-fast...

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
smiya

Haran,

The SVP11 indeed has the wi-fi problem. I'm now using a nano Wi-fi USB adapter and it is now working well. Since it is really small, I don't even notice it. Still, I lost one USB slot, but I don't really care. I like my SVP11 a lot (: 

If you think you can't deal with the fact of having to use an adapter, then go for a MacBookAir 11 or another brand ultrabook. If you are waiting Sony to make a move, you'll wait forever, as it seems.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
theyarerubbish

[ Edited ]

You might as well close this forum it's pointless Sony are a bunch of *****

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
theyarerubbish

[ Edited ]

Lmao Sony stock has been downgraded to junk how apt! Ya *******!

Please use plain text.