Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 2,031 (28,023 Views)

Re: [New Sony Vaio Pro] Wifi Issue!

Same problem here, unfortunately Sony Poland does not seem to acknowledge the problem (they insist it is my internet service provider even though I told them the problem persits using other routers and ISPs). Time will tell, but releasing a product with such a bug seriously undermined my belief in this company.

Waiting for a solution!!

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 2,031 (27,501 Views)

I´m writting from Colomiba

I bouhgt a vaio pro 13, and the signal drops each five minutes

Worst! after i bought a vaio pro 11...the same thingSmiley Sad

No one word about tecnical or costumer support over fix or S/W update for correct it

I´m a loyal user of sony, 2 vaio Z, one vaio duo 11, xperia ZL etc etc etc

But this bug? is AMAZING sony

I ´ll try to avoid to buy another vaio laptop

The vaio PRO is not the more cheaper ultrabook in the market 

Returning both units

Rookie
Message 13 of 2,031 (27,450 Views)

TRY THIS FIX FROM MOBILETECHREVIEW.COM

One exception was Intel WiFi: Sony has no driver update at of this writing, so we downloaded the latest drivers for the Intel Wireless-N 7260 direct from Intel's website and got much more stable wireless connections as a result. Before the Intel wireless update, we noted the 2.4GHz channel sometimes had an intermittent connection to our router and on the 5GHz band it sometimes lost the connection. Cycling airplane mode using the Windows Charms wireless control caused a blue screen error, which was shocking. After the Intel update, WiFi works perfectly.

HELP THIS FIX IT.

mck Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 2,031 (27,433 Views)

yeah, downloading the latest driver fixed my wifi issues.

But you have to do it manually; if you do it via either the intel utility that automatically checks whether your driver is up to date, or via the properties on the adapter, it says it already has the most recent driver (16.0.1) BUT! That is a lie and it does not.

The most recent is 16.0.5 and it is here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22874&keyword=n-7260&DownloadType=So...

Hope that works for the rest of y'all

Apprentice
Message 15 of 2,031 (27,406 Views)

I have the same problem, even with full Wifi signal indicator! I have to turn off and on the wifi. This seems a problem with this new series.  Unfortunately, Sony is very very slow in fixing problems.

Message 16 of 2,031 (27,389 Views)

Hello everyone,

Last week we submitted an escalation to engineering regarding these wifi concerns.  Engineering is currently investigating the issue.  I will post any updates to the situation as soon as possible.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 2,031 (27,313 Views)

Tried the latest driver 16.0.5 from Intel.com 2 weeks ago and the Wi-Fi connection still keeps dropping every five minutes. Contacted Sony Support 2 days ago and I'm really hoping them to give me a solution that actually works.

Will keep this updated.

Regards,

Danie
Apprentice
Message 18 of 2,031 (27,189 Views)

same problem , call sony, just ask me to update and try the new droiver ..

Updated , and still have problem. wifi connection drop from every 10-20 minute.

I use this notebook for stock quote streaming.. , It is very worst for me..

I don't seen sony have a solution to solve it yet.. I call the 5 days ago, but they still not giving out the solution.

I brought it June 25 here in Hong Kong. , maybe its my worst decision on buying this notebook.

Its might be my last time to buy sony notebook . I will keep away from SONY...

paying almost the most expensive price for the notebook.. and still saw them keep selling in the SONY STORE. ... Hey.. its is defective .. Need to stop and fix it before keep selling.

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 2,031 (27,133 Views)

Estimated time arrival for a fix or S/W driver? It´s a huge problem around the world and rising

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 2,031 (27,097 Views)

[ Edited ]

What MCK said worked like a charm.

After te install is completed, restart the laptop (otherwise the issue keeps going on).

Install all windows updates and stuff and then everything sould work just fine!

You only neet the driver (first download link).

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook