Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

VeloGarfield

No display whatsoever on vaio screen

I.ve purchased a VPCCW21FX unit some 4 months ago...2 weeks ago, when im using it, the screen went blank, i mean, no picture, nor backlight whatsoever, i reboot the unit, still no display right from the moment i press the power button, but the booting proses went fine, i can hear win7 login sound, but still no display on the screen, so i tried to connect the VGA socket to external monitor, push the display off button several times, still no display. tried to find solution on the net, and found that announcement regarding this unit. there is no way i could perform the update when there's no display.

is there any way i could fix this prob by myself, since im working on offshore oil rig, in Indonesia.

best regard.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
microcosm

Re: No display whatsoever on vaio screen

Try this: connect a working external display. Press Fn+F7 once, then press enter or Fn+F7 twice, then enter or Fn+F7 three times, then enter to switch display modes between internal, external and both. After each try, press Fn+F6 a few times to increase the brightness (use Fn+F5 to decrease brightness).

If none of that works, there may be a hardware issue. The laptop is still under warranty, so if it is opened or repaired by anyone other than Sony, the warranty might be voided. Sony support may have suggestions. You can chat, email or phone them:

Bought in the U.S.:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/suppor ... =VPCCW21FX

Bought elsewhere:
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Best of luck out there!
Please use plain text.