Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (1,041 Views)

Orange battery light blinks with new battery

Original battery got lost so I got a new battery on Amazon.  With the battery installed, the battery light would always blink orange fast.  Computer would not turn on.  With battery not installed you can power up and run the computer fine on the power supply.

I figured it was a bad battery so I sent it back.  I then bought an authentic Sony battery.  That one does the exact same thing.  Searching on this board I find all kinds of different answers.  No two answers seem the same.  Without having another known-good computer, or known-good battery, how do I figure out what the problem is?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7 (1,013 Views)

Re: Orange battery light blinks with new battery

I should probably mention it is a VGN-CR290

ALSO...  now wthe symptom has mysteriously changed.  Now it blinks orange twice fast every two seconds.  I haven't been able to find anything that explains what that blink code is supposed to mean.  The screen shows "0% available, plugged in and charging"  But it never charges at all.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (958 Views)

Does anyone know why the battery light would blink twice every 2 seconds?

Message 4 of 7 (861 Views)

Hi, Mikevg290

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Is your laptop running Windows 10? When did the issue start? You may try to power cycle the laptop, please follow the steps below:

1. Turn off the unit.
  2. Unplug and AC power adapter and all other connected devices (USB drive, mouse, etc.).
  3. Uninstall the battery. 
  4. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds. 
  5. Install the battery. 
  6. Plug in the AC adapter and turn on the laptop. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (829 Views)

The OS is Windows 7 Professional

I performed the procedure you described (which I had done about 50 times before) and the result was exactly this: The battery light blinks fast twice every two seconds. This must mean something in the land of SONY computers. Does anyone know what it means?
Message 6 of 7 (493 Views)

Hi, Mikevg290

Did you upgrade or change the operating system of your laptop? VGN-CR290 came with Microsoft Windows Vista Business. How did you install Windows 7 Professional? Please run VAIO Update and Windows Update to download and install the necessary drivers and software for your computer. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (479 Views)

This is my friend's computer and it does in fact have a Vista stocker on it.  However the system in it is Windows 7 Professional.  She bought it new at the Sony store (now defunct).  She claims she never updated the software.  (She also claims she has no idea where her original battery went...)

I will try your advice.  I am still curious what two fast blinks every two seconds means.  It must mean something.  Thanks

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook