Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (440 Views)

Problems with new battery

So my Vaio laptop battery (model number PCG-71318L) went dead not too long ago. I have been running my laptop on the AC cord for some time now due to the high price of the replacement batteries. I finally found one at a decent price on Amazon and I plugged it into the the laptop as soon as I got it. The computer read the battery, it came up with a prompt saying that the battery was in excellent condition, so my thoughts are that the battery is ok, it is just my laptop. The orange light on the front of the computer is blinking continuously, which I know is the light for the battery, in the taskbar the battery symbol comes up as a red circle with a white X in it next to the battery icon and when I scroll over the icon, it says "0% remaining"

Now I am stuck with not knowing what to do. How can I get my computer to read the new battery and charge it? Please Help!

Message 2 of 5 (367 Views)

Re: Problems with new battery

Hi Leg1786,

Welcome to Sony Community!

This is why we don't really recommend using a non-Sony brand because we can't guarantee the quality of this replacement battery. By the way, if you remove the AC adaptor, will the laptop remains on using this battery? 

Please check on this link to help you troubleshoot the issue with the battery.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40159

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
Rookie
Message 3 of 5 (356 Views)

We have a similar problem. We just purchased our new unit for our web design company, and the battery got busted. I am currently coordinating their customer service support.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (348 Views)

No, the laptop won't work unless the ac adaptor is plugged in. Where can I purchase a Sony brand battery for a laptop as old as this one?
Message 5 of 5 (269 Views)

Hi Leg1786,

Please verify the model number of your laptop, the PCG-71318L is the chassis number of the unit. You may refer to this link to look for a replacement battery, https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-accessories.pl.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook