VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (263 Views)

Random power loss VAIO vpc-eb33fm/bj

dHello,

My laptop is experiencing sudden unexplained power loss.

It appears to charge just fine reaching 80% (due to power saver) in some cases, sometimes it will be less. But then out of the nowhere it will just power off. When I restart the laptop (right away) it is back to 0% and charging. Rinse and repeat.

Running win 10

Message 2 of 4 (237 Views)

Re: Random power loss VAIO vpc-eb33fm/bj

SirDoom,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Are you still using the original battery that came with the computer? Try to remove the battery then plug the unit directly into the outlet, observe if it will power off. You may also want to check the status of your battery using the Battery Care Function utility (if you have). Here is the link for further assistance,

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37715

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (209 Views)

It is the original battery. Care function reports the battery is in excellent health.

Do you mean I should try to recreate the issue I'm having without the battery?

Message 4 of 4 (196 Views)

Hi SirDoom,

Yes, please replicate the issue by plugging it into the outlet with and without the battery. We need to diagnose the issue by doing some test to isolate the issue, this will help us identify what causes it.

Even though you seldom use the laptop, the battery capacity still decreases over time.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook