Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)

SSD Drive not working

[ Edited ]

I have a Vaio Ultrabook, model SVT131A11L. It has a 500gb hdd and a 32gb ssd.

The other day, I booted it up and it said the ssd cache was no longer available due to some error. The drive was nowhere to be found. After a restart, the drive showed up again and everything seems to be in order but the computer is now painfully slow. A cold boot takes over a minute as opposed to 15-20 sec.

Programs and windows take a long time to open as well, some hang and never actually open. Crystaldisk reports the ssd as Good with 94%. I'm not sure what else to do.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks

Message 2 of 2 (184 Views)

Re: SSD Drive not working

Hi Nickolai08

Welcome to Sony Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience. What is the current operating system of this laptop? Was there any change that happen prior to the issue? 

Here are some steps that you can follow to isolate the issue:

1. Shut down the PC and restart in Safe Mode. Try to replicate the issue, if the performance improved on this mode  then it's a possible software issue. You may try to uninstall some third-party software.

***If issue still persist continue with the steps below.

2. Perform a Clean boot . 

3. Run the VAIO Care diagnostics - check RAM, CPU, HDD (Quick Test & Software)

4. Run Windows System Restore to earlier date before issue appeared

5. Run full Antivirus scan with supported AV application  

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook