Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (1,382 Views)
Accepted Solution

SVF152A29M with Corsair RAM 2x8GB don't work

Hey guys Smiley Happy

I'm sorry if I missed previous questions about this topic somewhere in the community. First of all, I don't have any glue about computer and laptops, so please be patient with me Smiley Wink

I have a Vaio SVF152A29M (it's from Germany, may have an other number in the US) with a 4 GB RAM and a Corsair Valueselect 8GB RAM (1333 MHZ). Which works perfect. Now I bought a second corsair and the computer don't even start anymore. 
I also switched the positions of the 4GB and the 8GB and it's the same problem. What's wrong?

You may want to know:

Win 8.1 64 bit

CPU: Intel Core i3 3217U @ 1.80GHz, Ivy Bridge 22nm Technologie

actuel RAM: 12GB DualKanal DDR3

motherboard Sony Corporation, Intel Ivy Bridge; southbridge Intel HM76

BIOS: Insyde Corp. R0210DA

CPU should work with 32GB says ark.intel.com 

Thank you very much! 

Message 2 of 3 (1,315 Views)

Re: SVF152A29M with Corsair RAM 2x8GB don't work

Hi Paprika,

Welcome to Sony Community!

The model SVF152A29M is a non-US model which we have limited information. Since you already modified the laptop, we strongly suggest that you send the unit to the repair center within your area. This way they could check what went wrong after you replace the RAM and switch the positions. 

Please visit our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ to assist you with this issue. 

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (1,079 Views)

Re: SVF152A29M with Corsair RAM 2x8GB don't work

Hi Jen,

thanks for your answer. I gonna do this the next time I have trouble with my laptop. Smiley Wink

If someone else has a similar problem and reads this: I started the laptop new for every single RAM in every slot they could be added to. And then, suddenly it works with two "new" 8GB RAM together. No glue why Smiley Very Happy

Best,

Paprika.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook