VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 9 (2,160 Views)

SVT1313S1ES - Change/Add disk

Hello group,

I do have the system referenced in the topic title.

I do need to increase my disk space since the 128GB SSD that the system has, is not sufficient.

I opened the laptop by removing the battery and the cover of the RAM modules.

I found out that there is space to accomodate one disk. Additionally I saw that the connector used seems to be a SATA but turned 90 degrees up!

By looking around I found tha the part needed is the following (from Sony parts):

A-1888-408-A // SKT SATA 22P LD3022J-S4QL

Can anyone confirm that the above are correct?

Regards

Dimitris

Message 2 of 9 (2,146 Views)

Re: SVT1313S1ES - Change/Add disk

Hi dimkary,

Upon checking the model name of your unit. It seems that this unit is a European model, for further assistance regarding your concern, please contact Sony Europe. Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9 (1,277 Views)

Hey Dimitris,

I have exactly the same laptop and the same problem.

Did this part A-1888-408-A // SKT SATA 22P LD3022J-S4QL solve your problem?

Regards

Giorgios

Message 4 of 9 (1,262 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Gmournos,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Due to the limited information regarding this laptop, we are unable to assist you with your question. Just in case dimkary won't be able to respond right away, you may visit our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ to assist you with this issue. 

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9 (1,225 Views)

I wrote a message to the belgian support site (case number 15154815) and they replied to me that my request is out of scope!!!!

They further pointed me to a payable 0900 number for further assistance.

I called this number and after keeping me on the phone for some minutes by repeating my information, they told me again that my request is out of scope.

What is out of scope in my request? Is it so extraordinary to want to install a second hard disk, when there is clearly space for it?

In the end of the day I already bought a Vaio and I am coming back to buy an adapter from Sony in order to install a hard disk.

I am what you call, a returning customer.

So, why instead of being rewarded I am receiving such a bad service and how do you expect that I shop again with you?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9 (1,119 Views)

To answer my own question, indeed, this is the correct SATA Adapter.

Since I could not get any answer from Sony support Belgium, I ordered it and tried it, and it worked...

SHAME ON YOU SONY for not providing me any support on this and also for charging me 5 euros on your support line, just to tell me that you do not support this kind of questions.

Sony customer support service ******, at least here in Belgium...

Rookie
Message 7 of 9 (950 Views)

Hi Giorgios

I have the same problem. Could I ask you further information? Did you replace the actual SSD or you add a second one? There is a limit in capacity of the SSD you can add? Which SSD model did you add? Did you also increase the memory to 8MB?

Many thanks for your time

Best regards Roberto

Message 8 of 9 (900 Views)

Hi Papirob65,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ to assist you with this issue.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9 (890 Views)

Hi Roberto,

I did not change the RAM, I just added a second SSD, and that is why I needed the SATA adapter.

I put a 256GB from Scandisk, but any SATA disk would probably fit.

Best Regards

George

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook