Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Tuning Up
cjhlee951

Screen backlight issues

I recently bought a VIAO Pro13.

I'm very happy with everything, and the WiFi issue was fixed quickly with a software update. There is an issue however, in the screen brightness. I've had it for a few days, and it worked fine, but now the screen backlight isn't responding to adjustments? The reading on the battery controls and the display show that it is registering the command, but the screen brightness doesn't change at all.

Has anyone come across something similar?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
wiclee

Re: Screen backlight issues

[ Edited ]

cjhlee951 wrote:

I recently bought a VIAO Pro13.
I'm very happy with everything, and the WiFi issue was fixed quickly with a software update. There is an issue however, in the screen brightness. I've had it for a few days, and it worked fine, but now the screen backlight isn't responding to adjustments? The reading on the battery controls and the display show that it is registering the command, but the screen brightness doesn't change at all.
Has anyone come across something similar?
---------------------------------------------

If you google search the external forums, there are a lot of people having the same issue, i.e. the Brightness Fn + F5 or F6 or brightness slider no longer function after the Laptop resumes from Sleep or Hibernate.  You can only solve it by restarting the laptop.

This is a known Windows 8 Sleep bug which is also affecting other Laptop Brands like Lenovo, HP etc.

Although by uninstalling Vaio control center and reinstall an older version of VCC version 6.2.4.05270 dated 10Jun2013 which may or may not work for some.  Best is to wait for Windows 8.1 and see if it will address this issue (as advised by Sony Support).

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
CanuckBuc

Re: Screen backlight issues

Thank you for this note, the first definitive answer, although not one I want to hear because I too am having this issue. Thank you though!

Please use plain text.