Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
CatrinaE
Accepted Solution

Sony Fit 14 How do I remove the battery? I can't unscrew the screws for the life of me & what is the

Sony Fit 14 How do I remove the battery? I can't unscrew the screws for the life of me & what is the

Me: the battery does not charge ever, I need to keep it plugged in to use, The
power AC adapter lights up and is testing at 19.5, so I think its either a
charging connector or the battery.

Sony sent me back:

• Remove the battery.
  • Connect the AC adapter to the computer and ensure that it is plugged into a  working wall jack.
  • Slide and hold the POWER switch for  30 seconds, and then release.

Me:

Also I see in the manual there is a battery off "hole" under the laptop, what is this for, how do you turn it off or on? I tried sticking a toothpick in it and nothing happened.
I'm sorry but I have spent 2 hours now reading all of your online help, google, the manual.... trying to find out where the battery is. No where on your website or in the manual does it show where the new Vaio battery is or how to get to it, all your sites show to snap it off the bottem (which is not on this model). So I assume you want me to unscrew the whole laptop, so I have tried 4 different small screwdrivers and can not get a single screw to loosen up, 1 - am I supposed to take the whole laptop apart? and while it's on? The instructions you sent are...

Follow this procedure to troubleshoot when the battery is not charging or  turning on the computer.

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Connect the AC adapter to the computer and ensure that it is plugged into a  working wall jack.
  3. Slide and hold the POWER switch for  30 seconds, and then release.
So I'm assuming I need to leave the laptop on & somehow strip the screws to get the laptop in half to remove the battery?  yes?
 This laptop is less than 2 months old.
Please use plain text.
RyanC

Re: Sony Fit 14 How do I remove the battery? I can't unscrew the screws for the life of me & wha

Hello CatrinaE,

What VAIO Fit model do you have?

The SVF14Axxx and SVF15Axxx do not have a removable battery.  You must send in to service to have it replaced.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
CatrinaE

Re: Sony Fit 14 How do I remove the battery? I can't unscrew the screws for the life of me & wha

Thank you, I have the SVF14, Customer Service (as you can see above), told me to remove the battery!

Please use plain text.
trung

CatrinaE,

Please refer to the user guide on page 253 on how to remove the battery for a SVF14xxx series notebook.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
CatrinaE

This image on page 253 looks nothing like my laptop. I do not have anything that slides off, of switches, or any "lock or release" feature. This SVF14 is totally different than the manual you attached

Please use plain text.
trung

CatrinaE,

Please provide me with the exact model of your unit or the serial number so I can look it up?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
CatrinaE

This is a SVF14A190, and customer service had this model # & told me to remove the battery. This laptop is 2 months old and does not charge. It only works via ac outlet.

Please use plain text.
trung

CatrinaE,

Sorry for the confustion, if this is a "A" model (SVF14Axx) then the battery cannot be remove as stated by Ryan up top.  Please give Sony Support a call @ 800-222-7669.  It's might be possible that they can do an onsite service for your unit instead of sending it in if the unit require service..

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
wilsjo

Who ever the ****** told you to open it up and remove the battery yourself should be fired.  Then to tell you to do it while it's plugged in?  LOL wow.

"-Hello sony warantee service

-Hi I was trying to remove the bottom of my laptop to get to the battery, while it was plugged in and I fried my mother board

-I am sorry but the fact that you opened your machine completely voids the warrentee.  

-but your technitian told me to."

Please use plain text.