Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
zgmi
Accepted Solution

Sony Vaio Fit 15 model SVF152A29W low resolution screen

Hi,

I purchased a Sony Vaio Fit 15 model SVF152A29W and bought it through a dealer who only sells prepacked laptops. Long story short when I used it , I found its resolution very low with maximum of 1366 X 786, now I can not return this pc and really can't use it much with this resolution.

Can I change the screen to full HD 1080 ? will the graphics card support it? is there any solution to this problem, thanks.

Zgm

Please use plain text.
NickT

Re: Sony Vaio Fit 15 model SVF152A29W low resolution screen

Hi zgmi,

Was not able to bring up your model.  Can you please provide either the service tag or serial # to better assist you with.  Once we are able to locate the exact model, then we can check the specs for this unit to better understand the screen resolution issue. 

Nick--

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
zgmi

Thanks NickT, the model listed on the carton says  SVF15218SGB and the graphic card I think is dual which says

Intel HD Graphics 4000/Nvidia GeForce GT740M with NVIDIA Optimus Technology 1GB

Display 15.5 / 1366 X 786

Total memory 4GB

OS Windows 8

I understand I have goofed up big time but please let me know if I can change some things and get out of this nightmare, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hi there zgmi!

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. You may refer to the Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region.

-Tim

Please use plain text.