Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
Chirs_007
Accepted Solution

Sony Vaio Laptop Fan Noise after win 8.1 upgrade

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

I just recently upgrade my windows 8 to 8.1, as a result all systems are OK but the fan of laptop is not responding even after I already adjusted my power settings to silence.  I hope to get feedback soon because I can't tolerate the sound of the cooling fun at high rpm.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
twospirits

Re: Sony Vaio Laptop Fan Noise after win 8.1 upgrade

So this started happening after you upgraded to Win 8.1? Which laptop do you have? Flip owners have this issue. Is yours a Flip? 

TS

My List of Flip 13a accessories http://tinyurl.com/MyFlip13aAccessoriesList
My Flip 13A Tear down http://tinyurl.com/MyFlip13aTearDown
My Flip 13A Amazon Review http://tinyurl.com/Flip13aAmazonReview
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
FXEF

I have the same problem, noisy fan after upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Sony VAIO model number is SVE14A27CXH. 

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Hi Chirs_007,

Have you followed the recommended procedure for Updating Windows 8.1? Usually fan noise after upgrading to Windows 8.1 means that all the necessary updates was not done. Please provide us information if you followed the recommended procedure.

~Mark

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Chirs_007

Hi, 

Yes I followed all Setup Process when I migrated to Win 8.1, the model of my laptop is SVE14AE13L...I also tried to keep all "updates" updated , just ot be sure that all are OK, now I can't bring my laptop to work or meetings because of its very loud fan noise...I hope you guys can help me out here...thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Chirs_007,

Please provide us the exact model name of your laptop. The one you have provided is the chassis number. We will be needing this model name for us to give you correct solutions. Thank you!

~Mark

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
rickyoshry

Hi I have the same issue. I upgraded to win 8.1 and now you can clearly hear the fan, much louder than before. The laptop also gets very hot where the fan is, even though the vents are not obstructed. This happens after just 20 minutes of the laptop being on. My model number is svp132a1cw. Any help you can provide would be great. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Chirs_007

Hi Mark, 

My laptop model number is SVE14AE13L, and Product number is SVE14A290X.  I hope you can help me with this.   Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Chirs_007,

Kindly install this driver update for your AMD Graphics Driver. This might be the cause of the loud fan noise. Please keep us posted. Hope everything works out!

rickyoshry,

Our system cannot recognize the model SVP132A1CW. Please provide us the exact model name of your laptop so we can provide you solutions.

~Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

bit.ly/LapMagWin

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
rickyoshry

HI Mark

I am not sure why your system cannot recognize that model name but that is the model name that is printed on the underneath of my computer. There is a number on the box that says SVP13213CGB - could that be it? It is a brand new laptop. It also only makes a noise when the computer is plugged in - it is fine when it is on battery.

Please use plain text.