Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Tuning Up
jpicard

Sony Vaio Laptop Won't Charge, Battery Light Blinks Quickly

I have a VPCSC1AFM, and it has worked wonderfully for the last almost two years. The OEM battery still (up until 2 days ago) held a charge for over an hour. After letting the battery drain all the way by accident yesterday, I turned it on and the "Battery is not compatible" notice popped up, and the battery would not charge. In addition, the battery charging orage light flashes quickly (3-4 times a second) whenever the battery is installed. After some digging I was able to disable the ISB Utility, so the pop-up no longer shows up, but the battery still won't charge. even I cut the power to the laptop, install the battery, and then plug in the AC adapter, the battery still won't charge, seeming to indicate it's a hardware problem.

Given that the battery was working JUST fine 2 days ago, I can't imagine I need to buy a new one. What can I do?? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
NickT

Re: Sony Vaio Laptop Won't Charge, Battery Light Blinks Quickly

[ Edited ]

Hi jpicard,

Please go thru the link below regarding battery related issue.  Most of the time it can be the hardware itself.  I understand it was just working 2 days ago, but the battery could go out and or the battery charger port on the motherboard.  So please go thru the link and if fails still, then hardware related.

Nick-

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
tx4chiefs

I have a similar issue, but the link won't work.  Can it be re-posted?

Please use plain text.
Sony Employee
ScottF

I have updated the link.

Please use plain text.