Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 65 (6,919 Views)

Re: Sony Vaio Laptop Won't Turn On

Hello there everyone. I have the same problem, my laptop Sony Vaio VPC-SE1Z9E won't turn on. I am in desperate need of help. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read me.
Message 12 of 65 (6,872 Views)

Hi InassJ,

Thank you for your message. Please read back and perform the troubleshooting steps provided. For further assistance since we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at hhttp://www.sony-africa.com/microsite/morocco/section/support/.

Regards,

Jen

Rookie
Message 13 of 65 (6,748 Views)

I have a sony vaio laptop.model number VPCEB3S1E. I have the same problem.I've tried all the solutions given above,still doesn't work.I can see the battery light turning on and the hdd light blinks once but the caps lock lights wont flash.i can hear the cooling fan whirring for a while and then the laptop will shut down.all this time the screen remains black.please help!
Message 14 of 65 (6,707 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi sezana57,

Welcome to Sony Community! Kindly follow the  steps on this link to troubleshoot and isolate the issue.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 15 of 65 (6,489 Views)

Hello Vaio experts,

I seem to have same issue. My Vaio VPCCW27FX will not turn on. No lights no noise nothing. I tried everything suggested on this thread. Nothing is working for me.

Here is what happened. I was using my laptop and suddenly it just turned off. No notification nothing.

I have lose jack so I thought that was the issue but I tried everything it just wont start.

I tried to reset by removing the battery, removing the power cable, tring different cord with pressing the power button for full one minute several times. No signs, no lights. The power adapter has green led on. So power is not issue.

This had happened once in past. Few months back and resetting it by removing battery and pressing the power button for one minute had fixed the issue. But this time nothing is working.

Does this conclude that my motherboard is gone or RAM is gone. But in that case won't it at least show me battery LED on?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks

Tons

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 65 (6,356 Views)

At i have receiving battery incompatible error message but its a genuine Sony battery and I ignored it but battery charge is not going on and an orange light is blinking and i keep on working on it suddenly it went turn off with any any sign and now i cant power on my vaio no lights the charger light is good in green but the laptop is not powering model number VPCSB190X please help me
Message 17 of 65 (6,294 Views)

Hi Tons

Welcome to Sony Community! 

I am sorry to hear your issue, and sorry for the late reply. You may try to reset BIOS. This process was not mentioned on the past suggestions.

If you cannot access BIOS anymore, then most probably the issue is already hardware issue. It could be RAM, motherboard, or DC jack or power jack. A technician really need to check your unit on hand. I will send you a private message for more information regarding the service process. 

Hope these help. 

Best regards,

Vincent 

Message 18 of 65 (6,292 Views)

[ Edited ]

Message 19 of 65 (6,278 Views)

Hi satyanreddyg

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

You may follow the steps here to isolate the issue: 

• Power cycle - shutdown the unit and remove all peripherals -> look for a battery off button on the bottom of the laptop -> press and hold the button for 5 seconds. Try to turn on again the unit. 
  • Reset BIOS
  • If your laptop will turn on, you may download and install these drivers: Sony® Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver, Sony® Shared Library, Battery Checker Software on eSupport website. Select the proper Operating System. 
  • You may also run Windows update and Vaio update

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Hope these help. 

Regards,

Vincent 

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 65 (6,267 Views)

Where to find that battery switch off button and how to reset bios

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook