Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 21 of 65 (4,475 Views)

Re: Sony Vaio Laptop Won't Turn On

ANY LAPTOP THAT WON'T TURN ON INCLUDING SONY LAPTOPS IS IN AN ANTI-HACK OPERATION MODE. IT REQUIRES PROPER TECHNICAL SUPPORT INFO AND SOMETIMES ASSISTANCE TO RETURN LAPTOP TO PROPER OPERATION STATUS.

Rookie
Message 22 of 65 (4,369 Views)

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop model SVF142A29W

It won't turn on despite of the abovementioned trick.  

Please advise.

Message 23 of 65 (4,335 Views)

Hi joan76

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

I am sorry to hear your issue, but if you did try all the steps from previous posts the most probably this is already hardware issue. You may call Sony's Authorized Service Center in your area for further assistance. Your Vaio SVF142A29W was not recognized by our system, and possibly this is not a U.S. model

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Hope the link helps. 

Thanks,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 24 of 65 (4,309 Views)

Sony VAIO Duio 13 (hybrid now)
SVD13215PXW (US model)

Same thing here - it won't turn on, it started not responding after any restart/shutdown/hibernate (while on works fine). At first I was able to start it after a while (depending on the case), by pressing power button for some seconds, waiting a bit etc. (the alerady recommended stuff).
Now it's two days 'resting', it seems the heat is also not helping (which suggests some h/w issue I'd say now, at first it looked as a s/w one, restting the graphics card driver to stock Windows one worked for a while).
And I tried resetting the battery (can't be removed, but it has that small hole) but that didn't help much if any. Battery charges well it seems and in good condition.

Any other ways of waking it up? (I can't even get to BIOS or that vaio ASSIST, that button doesn't work either)

Dragan

Message 25 of 65 (4,258 Views)

Hi Dragan,

Welcome to Sony Community!

I'm sorry to hear that your computer won't turn on anymore even after trying to fix it using the suggested troubleshooting for this issue. 

Please try again to reset the battery, unplug the laptop then poke the hole (the one located behind the unit) for 20 secs. If issue still persist then it looks like your laptop needs to be checked by a technician. 

I will send you a private message, please check your inbox. Thanks.

Jen

Apprentice
Message 26 of 65 (4,153 Views)

if anyone is wondering - laptop is in service, motherboard failed and replacement awaited

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 65 (4,121 Views)

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-81115L and about two years ago my battery stopped really "charging" but it took the better part of a year for it to die. After that my laptop would not turn on, the fan would start to spin, the harddrive would start going, and then the system would shut down. I left the system sitting for almost another year before I decided to try and fix it. I put in a new battery and it booted right up but the system drained the battery from 100% to 0% in about an hour long period. At that time I had thrown out my battery as being bad and was using my fathers since we have the same laptop. I returned his battery and gave up for a few weeks. Since then, I have gotten a new battery pack, which still didn't get the system to boot. Five minutes ago I got done replacing the DC Jack, as soon as i plugged the laptop in the power light was rapidly blinking green (this is with no battery installed), and have tried both battery packs and the previously supplied solution steps and still the system won't boot. Are there any further suggested solutions to my problem? I really would like to be able to use my computer again.
Message 28 of 65 (4,076 Views)

Hi Chris-Hack

What is the exact model name of your Vaio? For the mean time, try these troubleshooting guidelines: 

Hope these help. 

Regards,

Vincent 

Rookie
Message 29 of 65 (3,242 Views)

Hello
My laptop sony pcg-31111v.
Before it worked fine, but now when I press the power button led id green light goes off after 5 seconds. Pressing the button also lights up on the second drive busy led. But monitor is black. If I press any key - turns on keyboard backlight. Please help, I need to work with my important documents

Message 30 of 65 (3,227 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Hosalone

If the keyboard backlight works then it's possible that there is a problem with the LCD. Using a flashlight, point it to the monitor and check if you could see something on the screen. (If you can see the letters then that is a blacklight issue)  Make sure there is no crack or physical damage on the unit. Try also to connect your laptop to an external monitor to isolate the issue further. 

We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Jen

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook