Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 31 of 69 (1,842 Views)

Re: Sony Vaio Laptop Won't Turn On

Solved. It was problem with one damage ram module.

Thank you

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 69 (1,776 Views)

JenA

I am having the same problem and have tried the examples to obtain power. My model is PCG61315L

Message 33 of 69 (1,755 Views)

Hi Vocamper,

Welcome to Sony Community!

What happened when you tried to instructions? If you didn't  see anything on the screen when you pointed the flashlight or using a second monitor didn't work then aservice is required to fix it.

By the way, the PCG61315L is the chassis name of the laptop, you can look for the exact model at the lower left side of the monitor (VGN, VPC) .

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 69 (1,735 Views)

The model number is VPC5AAAFX.  i unplugged the PC and took the battery pack off.  I then plugged in the power cord into the laptop and tried to turn the PC own to no success. 

Message 35 of 69 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Vocamper

Most likely, this is already hardware issue. We recommend visiting the nearest Sony Authorized Service Center to your area. 

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below. 

Rookie
Message 36 of 69 (1,704 Views)

I'm having trouble turning on my laptop. It's a Sony Vaio laptop, model SVF14. It was working fine the day before yesterday, but the next day I tried using it, it wouldn't turn on. I thought it was the power, so I started charging it. It received power, the light showed, but it still wouldn't turn on. Now it won't receive any power. It's not the outlet or the charger, I've checked. I really need to know what's wrong with my laptop, I need it for school and work and right now I can't afford a new one.
Message 37 of 69 (1,682 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Tlcarzoli,

We're sad to hear about what happened to your laptop. I hope you put the exact model name of your laptop so we can provide you an accurate solution. Perform a power reset on the laptop. Simply poke the battery off button [4] for 15-20 secs. then turn it back on. Make sure the unit is unplug when you do it. 

svf14 reset button.jpg 

Note: this is the bottom part of SVF14N13CXB  laptop.

If the unit is still unresponsive after several attempts then a service is required to fix the laptop. You may bring it to our authorized repair center in your area

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 38 of 69 (1,672 Views)

Is there a power reset switch for my laptop?

Message 39 of 69 (1,635 Views)

Hi Vocamper,

There is no power reset switch for the type of laptop that you have. This is only for the laptops that has a built-in battery. 

Regards,
Jen

Enthusiast
Message 40 of 69 (1,391 Views)

Hi there,

I have a Sony SVE151D11L laptop. Now, I am not able to turn it on. The screen has been always being black since I press power button. I can see the leds are on on the front of laptop. Could you please help me? Thanks!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook