VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 41 of 69 (1,550 Views)

Re: Sony Vaio Laptop Won't Turn On

Hi jayliao

Welcome to Sony Community! 

May we have the exact model name and the currently operating system of your laptop? SVE151D11L is just the chassis number. Kindly isolate the issue by performing these suggestions: 

• Check if you can open Task Manager. Turn on the unit and while in a black screen, hold the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and select Task Manager
  • Boot it into Safe Mode.
  • Perform a System Restore

Hope these help. 

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below

Enthusiast
Message 42 of 69 (1,541 Views)

Thak you very much, Vincent! What I am saying is that I can not boot my laptop. How can I open Task Manager? I waited for more than half hour. I still see that black screen. And Ctrl + Alt + Del keys no any response on the screen...

Message 43 of 69 (1,493 Views)

Hi jayliao

You didn't provide the exact model name of your unit. Kindly perform a power cycle to isolate the issue: 

Remove the battery and all peripherals -> press and hold the power button for 5 seconds OR, if the battery is not removable, remove all peripherals -> look for a battery off button on the bottom of the laptop -> push the button for 5 seconds

If the issue is not resolved, service may be required: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below

Rookie
Message 44 of 69 (1,382 Views)

Hello,
Laptop was working last night (SVE1513P1EW) and went to shut it down but noticed there were updates. So instead chose the Shut Down and Update option and went to sleep but now it won't switch on. I have taken everything out, held the power button for 5 seconds, plugged it in without the battery and it still won't switch on.
Rookie
Message 45 of 69 (1,291 Views)

Hello everyone I also have same problem my Sony VAIO Sve151G17M not turning some time its on but some time not please help me. Thanks
Message 46 of 69 (1,255 Views)

Hi Dee0099lo,

Please try the suggested steps provided by one of the moderators (

We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Message 47 of 69 (1,223 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Adelesaif,

We're sorry to hear about this. Updates are important to improve the functions of the laptop. Follow the steps in this link, https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39805/kw/wont%20turn%20on/p/48903,49902,71144,7116...

(I understand that you already did most of the steps but there is no harm if you try it again)

We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Rookie
Message 48 of 69 (1,130 Views)

Hi,

New to this board, and looks to be super helpful, found it by Google search.  I have a Sony Vaio SVE151J13L, and two days ago I was on it, it was plugged in and charging just fine, and it all of a sudden shut down on me.  Prior to this, it had no issues charging, but since it shut down (no blue screen, just went completely black all of a sudden) it won't charge at all and I can't get it to turn back on.  I'm stuck and not sure what to do at this point.  Even if I can't get it back on, it'd be super helpful if I could somehow get my files off of the computer. 

Thanks!

MatthewB34

Message 49 of 69 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi MatthewB34,

We apologize for the inconvenience, we appreciate you giving us some information to help us with the issue. The SVE151J13L is the chassis number of the laptop, to get the exact model number simply go to Vaio Care (i know you can't do it right now). What is the current operating system of your unit? Were there any indicator lights on when it was plugged in? How about the charger was there any LED light on the black box? Please verify that the charger is working by plugigng it in to a working outlet or use it to another laptop if there's any. 

Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot your laptop. Take note that each step may resolve the issue. Try to replicate first before proceeding to the next step.

1. Power cycle the unit (unplug > remove the battery > press and hold the power button for 15-20 secs)
  2. Boot using the Assist button
  3. Go to BIOS and check that HDD is detected, and reset BIOS defaults.
  4. Attempt to boot Safe Mode 

Note: If issue persist on Safe Boot, proceed to the next step

5. If safe boot fails then do a system restore.

Before you proceed to step #5 you need to back up your files first by going to any computer repair center near you. 

Regards,

Jen

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 69 (1,028 Views)

I am having the same problems with my Vaio VPCEH25FM.

No power even after doing the troubleshooting listed in the previous comments.

Can you please help with any other ideas. My computer has not functioned in three days.

Removed battery, bought a new power adapter, and etc....

Let me know ASAP.

Thank you very....

David

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook