Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

USER-935872
Accepted Solution

Sony Vaio Model VPCEB33FM Screen Problem

I purchased this sony vaio laptop about 7 months ago. While i was on my laptop the screen suddenly turned very bright and white. I decided to restart the computer and, when i did so, the screen became even worst. It was blurry, more bright, and everything on the screen would fade in and out, including the mouse icon. I can see black dots in the background of my screen, the screen is completely blurred, and it is very slow in reacting to my actions on the computer. I can see lines comming down the screen and the only way i can use my computer is by connecting it to an external monitor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Re: Sony Vaio Model VPCEB33FM Screen Problem

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum.

From your description of the issue, and also as the notebook's display is failing straight from boot, service will be required. Give Sony product support a call and they can arrange this for you under the warranty:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/suppor ... =VPCEB33FM
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
romel_tagaylo

Re: Sony Vaio Model VPCEB33FM Screen Problem

Sir,

Same problem I encountered of my unit  .. I already send to Sony Service Center near our place and Sony technical reported that the LED is the one damaged and need a new LED replacement estimated cost of $234.50.

Can you share what you have done on your unit Sir.

Please reply.

Thank you.

Romel J. Tagaylo

Please use plain text.