Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
jimmybuzaid
Accepted Solution

Sony Vaio S Audio/Sound not Working

The audio is not working, period. I have updated both Audio and Audio and Video drivers. Please help. Here is a screenshot when I went the the setting with windows 8.problem.jpg

This is my model http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCSB31FX

Please use plain text.
RichO

Re: Sony Vaio S Audio/Sound not Working

Please make sure that the device is not set to disabled.  Is there any exclamation point error dev-mgr-exclaim-pt.gif or unknown device message (just like the image below) in the Device Manager? Was it working properly prior to the upgrade? You can also try a Windows System Restore to an earlier date when the sound worked.

unknown.jpg

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jimmybuzaid

[ Edited ]

Thanks! The driver is not disabled. I do not see any exclamation point. I'll have to get my Windows 8 disc when I get to it and refresh my computer.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jimmybuzaid

It is still not working! Please I really need help now! I've tried refreshing my computer with my Windows 8 disk but I cant. Is there any other option than restoring my computer.
Please use plain text.
RichO

I just want to know if the issue started after the upgrade to Windows 8.  Was it working properly prior to the upgrade? There is also a possibility of corrupt registry entry for the audio device.  You may try to check if Windows audio service is started and running.   Please make sure that you follow the Windows 8 Clean Install Instructions for VAIO PCs.  It is also possible, however unlikely, that the audio card has already failed even after trying a full format recovery.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jimmybuzaid

It just stopped working. It wasn't the upgrade. I'll try a clean install. Thanks.
Please use plain text.