I have a Sony VAIO VGN-NW270F, it's completely dead. No LED lights light up, No boot up, nothing. No lights with battery or power cable. I did research:
1. I did the pressing of the power button for 60 seconds, nothing. (Battery and cable not plugged in)
2. I replaced the DC power jack, in my research, it says that the laptop may completely power down if the jack or the charging circuit has problems. The motherboard looks pretty integrated, I don't see a power charge circuit that may be outside of the MB.
3. I plugged in a different power cable, nothing.
4. I can't find a replacement MB online that's less than $1000.
5. I don't see any caps blown, nor a repair kit online.
Does anyone, have a clue what I should do next? And for the sarcastic readers of this post, yeah I know. But trashing it seems like such a waste... Even for a dead computer.