Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
imageek

Sony Vaio Wifi Issue - PC World Won't Refund

I purchased a Sony Vaio Ultrabook (Pro 3) from PC World yesterday, and all night last night my Wifi kept dropping out. I applied all the updates, and the problem was still happening.

I paid £1000 for the laptop, so I thought stuff this I am not keeping a laptop that is unusable to me and my business. So I called PC World and asked them for an exchange, and they said I need to take it in and if they can't reproduce the issue I will not be entitled to a refund or exchange for a different laptop.

I explained to them this is a known issue with these laptops, but they refused. I see it pointless taking it into PC World for testing because in the past I have had faults with laptops that they claim they can't reproduce and I walk away angry that they refuse to refund or exchange.

I am now left with a £1000 laptop I can not use! I have been following other threads in the forum.

What do I do now? I have tried to call Sony, as they are the ones who can confirm this issue is present, which would mean PC World would have to refund me. I can't get through to them as the line is asking for a 15 or 8 digit fault number :smileyfrustrated:

I am so confused, and frustrated.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
nkzo292

Re: Sony Vaio Wifi Issue - PC World Won't Refund

Well. Can't give you any good news.

I am in the same situation - the customer service (HK) will not admit the problem, nor does it seems there is any official statement from Sony regarding this problem.

We've been switching emails the past few days, each time they are offering me some drivers/configurations updates that do not solve the problem. As far as the official statesmen the drivers "fixed" the problem, which is obviously untrue(at least on my unit).

Not sure why Sony is acting like this.It is inexcusable.

For any potential Vaio Pro buyers - just don't buy it, unless you want to start contributing to the close- to-200-pages thread regarding the wifi problem.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
imageek

This is shocking behaviour from Sony. They can't admit fault, because the moment they do they will have thousands of laptops flooding back to them with people asking for a refund. This is ******!

Nobody is accepting blame for the faults and its the consumers that are out of pocket.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
calzone

[ Edited ]

Guys, since Sony moderators don't care (no surprise) my advice is this: 

Contact your local Sony support and ask them (make them) to give you an official written statement about wifi issues in VAIO Pro series. They admit it if called, maybe it will be hard to get an email from them - but it is possible as I succeeded. Having that kind of hard confirmation you should get your refund from the seller.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
imageek

This is an excellent idea, except I have no idea who I would contact. I've tried to get through on the telephone, to no avail. Any contact details?

The PC World in my area is a Sony testing centre ... so surely they would know?

Look forward to your reply catzone.

I HATE SONY WITH A PASSION! 2 days stressing, and I'm still fighting for my money back.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
calzone

imageek wrote: I can't get through to them as the line is asking for a 15 or 8 digit fault number :smileyfrustrated:

I am so confused, and frustrated.

AFAIK these are numbers you get from them when your case is opened. I had my 7 digit number. But the first contact should be initiated without any number as this is assigned after that. Maybe you should wait longer on the phone line or just input some fake number to get thru.

My opinion is that Sony tries hard to hide and ignore the whole wifi problem in public. But if pressed individually, they admit that the wifi problem really exists. You should try hard.

Shame on Sony they forced us to go trough this.

Please use plain text.