Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
cvod1027
Accepted Solution

Sony Vaio turns off immediately after turning on.

My Vaio laptop will turn itself off instantly upon turning on. It starts up as if it will work correclty but then turns off after making a weird noise coming from the bottom right of the computer. Previous to this, It was continuously trying to do a system repair, but when it said it had finished and needed to restart, it would turn off and not restart. So I would turn it on and it would attempt a system repair again. This was a never ending cycle. So I clicked cancel to just try and do a factory reset and now it just wont turn on. What may be causing this problem?

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
AngeloC

Re: Sony Vaio turns off immediately after turning on.

if it is making a loud noise does it come from the fan or harddrive?

and when it shuts down does the computer feels hot?
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
cvod1027

it sounds like its the hard drive. And it's not hot. Currently, I am leaving it turned off for 30 minutes (another 10 to go) and will try again.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
AngeloC

what is the model of your sony vaio laptop
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
cvod1027

Its a VPCF1
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
cvod1027

Okay, so I got it to start up again, finally. But now it is doing what it did prior to the start up problem. It will continuously try to repair itself then shut down and not restart like it is suppose to. So I will manually turn it on and it will go through the repair system again. Ive tried the F10 key at start up and will not work. Automatically goes to "Windows is loading Files" with grey load bar.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
AngeloC

if you go to f10 it will really show you that it is loading files that is Sony's recovery option, you can then try to check of you can use the recovery function of the computer, inyour case you might have corrupted files in your system and will not load up windows.

you might want to do a full format and put it back to factory settings to resolve your issue

hope this helps
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
cvod1027

Well, I tried to do a restore and now its booting up telling me "operating system not found"
And I can't access any menu except the boot menu.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
AngeloC

what options did you selected in the vaio recovery menu (f10)?
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
cvod1027

Well it brought up a screen that asked me to select a partition to use I chose one and it went through the recover process and then it shut down and when I started it back up it told me there was no Operating System found
Please use plain text.