Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Tuning Up
stuz5000

Specs for PCG-81114L?

Where can I find the support pages for the PCG-81114L Vaio laptop. Other PCG models are listed but not this.

In particular, I'm looking for how to upgrade the memory (what type required, how many slots & max capacity).

- thanks

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Miguael

Re: Specs for PCG-81114L?

Hi stuz5000.

PCG-81114L is the hardware configuration code of the computer. Get back with the exact model # of your computer, so that we can provide the correct information regarding the Random Access Memory (RAM) upgrade process.

You can locate the model # here which starts with VPC, VGN or SV: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=264

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Faridun

Dear, 

I can not find any driver for PCG-81114L. Could you pls advise me what to do and where can i find all the drivers for win XP and Win7 ?!?!

Thx in advance.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Faridun

In my case on the sign on the sticker is -

PRODUCT NAME: VPCF13EFX - even accoriding to this product name I can't find any thing. What I am doing wrong? Could you please tell me what to do, almost 6 hours siting already.

Thx

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
hagglund

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Faridun

A lot of thanks fro the link.

I am facing another problem with the same model. The problem is that we tryed to install Win XP to this model but I couldn't find any driver for this model for Win XP. So now I am trying to install back Win7, it is going well till the time when the Win7 asking to choose installing drivers, so I can not choose any driver.

When I am logging with WinXP - the computer doesn't recognising nor USB either CD, even there is no any inet conection.

So in WinXP i can not install any driver and in Win7 it is requesting me to show installing drivers.

Dear All, please if any body knows any thing - let me know.

Thx.

P.S. If my English is broken - please don't pay attention, I am not English man from New York :smileywink:))))))))

Please use plain text.