Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
grfm

Re: VAIO Fit slow wifi

What's Sony doing? Is there ever going to be a solution or not?????????????????
Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
paralloid

[ Edited ]

nope =/ a minute ago I've been told that a USB adapter is the only solution they have now.. (Sony Support Russia)

--
br
Please use plain text.
Garage Band
nohackmove

paralloid: Its same here in Sony Support Turkey with fit models they giveaway a usb dongle for wifi too.

BTW after the flickering display issue came out, first my flip began to not working properly. two days ago screen was dark and was visible when i touch on screen for a second then turn off.

yesterday. i tried to start computer there was no display. and after 2 minutes computer shutdown and now it no more boot. only charge led lights when plug in ac adapter.

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
Mumbira

Just upgraded my Wifi-Card ( BCM 43142) to a much better Intel 7260 AC/BT card! 

It works flawlessly and I have stable connections EVERYWHERE! 

Everything works fine, even Bluetooth and I haven't even installed the new drivers from Intel yet, it's working just with the Microsoft standard drivers! 

If anyone wants to know how to dissassamble the Vaio Fit E, just ask me, I also took some pictures. 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
deplc7

Just received my Vaio. Wifi is surprisingly perfectly ok.

My battery however, is not... It's been charging for 2 hours, still stuck at 29%. Hopefully the problem is the battery and not the laptop. Sigh.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
r00tsecurity

Didn't surprise that your brand new Sony Vaio is not flawless.

One way or another Sony can find a problem.

Well can you pls report how many wireless access points your Vaio discovers and how many your old laptop (or old mobile) discovers?

And specify your wifi-adapter as well

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rodriemi

Hi everybody, i just changed the wifi card of my SVF14a15CLB that had the know wifi issue. I replaced the broadcom card with Intel Centrino Advance N 6235 and I fixed the tedious wifi issue.

It's ovious that it was a hardware compatibility issue (I suppose Broadcom did a good job.....) With the replacement I get a strong signal in all rooms of my home, as It used to with other notebooks and phones. With the broadcom I lost conectivity constantly and I got very low signal.

I know how to do the replacement and I have the apropiate tools to do it so I solved the problem in ten minutes, but I'm very VERY dissapointment with Sony because this issue. I bought this brand, and I paid more, because I didn't want to have any problems.... my experience was that I had to open my computer (and buy an extra card) 3 weeks after I bought it!!! I hope I don't have problems in the future because "in theory" I lost the one year waranty...

Anyway, replace the wifi card solve the issue.

Regards, 

Emiliano.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
mechie

rodriemi wrote:

Hi everybody, i just changed the wifi card of my SVF14a15CLB that had the know wifi issue. I replaced the broadcom card with Intel Centrino Advance N 6235 and I fixed the tedious wifi issue.

It's ovious that it was a hardware compatibility issue (I suppose Broadcom did a good job.....) With the replacement I get a strong signal in all rooms of my home, as It used to with other notebooks and phones. With the broadcom I lost conectivity constantly and I got very low signal.

I know how to do the replacement and I have the apropiate tools to do it so I solved the problem in ten minutes, but I'm very VERY dissapointment with Sony because this issue. I bought this brand, and I paid more, because I didn't want to have any problems.... my experience was that I had to open my computer (and buy an extra card) 3 weeks after I bought it!!! I hope I don't have problems in the future because "in theory" I lost the one year waranty...

Anyway, replace the wifi card solve the issue.

Regards, 

Emiliano.

For all those who replaced their broadcom wifi card to intel centrino n-6235, please check if your buetooth and NFC (all features) are working as expected, it did not for me. And that is why SONY is not doing that if it was such an easy fix ( it may something to do with motherboard compatibility issue).

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Kherani

Is this the Intel card that you guys are using?http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106190
Please use plain text.
Garage Band
Mumbira

Yep it's the Intel 7260 Wireless AC / Bluetooth 4.0 modul.

And for me, Bluetooth and NFC works without any missing feature. 

Except one problem, i can't send datas from other devices to the Vaio. But the Vaio can send to other devices. 

But I think it is just a setting issue.

Please use plain text.