Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 92 (8,701 Views)

Re: VAIO Tap 11 Keyboard Stopped Responding

You did not tell how to find (or use) the "Pairing Tool". Where is it?
Message 22 of 92 (8,682 Views)

Hi HWayne,

The Pairing Tool is located in here: C:\windows\drivers\exe\pairing tool. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 92 (8,654 Views)

Has anyone found a solution??  This is infuriating.  Open a Microsoft Word doc.  Choose a key (I don't think it matters what key).  Hold it down.  You get about a line and a half in (maybe 140 characters?) and *poof* the wireless keyboard goes dead.  The only way to revive it is to put the Tap 11 to sleep & revive it, or use the above-mentioned pairing tool.  THIS IS NUTS!  I work on large documents all the time. I'm often holding, say, the arrow key to scroll.  Do that, and your keyboard will die.  Every. Time.  Sony, HELP ASAP. 

SVT11215CXW running 8.1 properly installed (after having to revert back to 8, flash the BIOS, and then go back to 8.1).

epr Rookie
Rookie
Message 24 of 92 (8,585 Views)

I am also getting this error message "Fail to get the dongle handle" when trying to get my keyboard to pair. 

I ran vaio updates right out of the box, then initiated windows updates, after making sure everything was updated properly on windows 8, I went ahead and upgraded to 8.1 through the windows store. After the 8.1 update, I ran vaio updates immediately and then ran all the windows updates. The keyboard was working fine for a month or so with the slight hiccup every now and then where it wouldnt connect and I would just have to put it on the screen and take it off. 

Now though just completely randomly, not after any installation or download or anything, it wont connect what-so-ever. I have tried the pairing tool and get the above error message. I also noticed the keyboard receiver has dissappeared in airplane mode and its unable to find a keyboard driver in the device manager either. Pretty sure if I format it completely, it will work again temporarily, but thats a rather big pain... Is there another solution or is my keyboard receiver on my tap defective? 

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 92 (8,547 Views)

My Vaio Tap 11: SVT11213CXB keyboard always stops working.

I've used KeyBoard PAIRING before, but now "Fail to get the dongle handle" message happens,

with my keyboard still not working.

I think Sony should just admit that the KeyBoard does not work properly, and do a RECALL!

This is frustrating!

What should I do now?  Just use keyboard as a glorified cover?

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 92 (8,512 Views)

Same problem here. Keyboard drives me nuts, when it stops working in the middle.

Is there any good portable bluetooth with touchpad option available in the market?

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 92 (8,490 Views)

Looks like BIOS reset can get the keyboard working again.

Press ASSIST button to get into BIOS area, then F2, then F9&ESC, then Exit/save.

I was told this resets the BIOS.  Then my keyboard started working again.

Also, the Pairing Tool started working again.

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 92 (8,454 Views)

epr wrote:

I am also getting this error message "Fail to get the dongle handle" when trying to get my keyboard to pair. 

I ran vaio updates right out of the box, then initiated windows updates, after making sure everything was updated properly on windows 8, I went ahead and upgraded to 8.1 through the windows store. After the 8.1 update, I ran vaio updates immediately and then ran all the windows updates. The keyboard was working fine for a month or so with the slight hiccup every now and then where it wouldnt connect and I would just have to put it on the screen and take it off. 

Now though just completely randomly, not after any installation or download or anything, it wont connect what-so-ever. I have tried the pairing tool and get the above error message. I also noticed the keyboard receiver has dissappeared in airplane mode and its unable to find a keyboard driver in the device manager either. Pretty sure if I format it completely, it will work again temporarily, but thats a rather big pain... Is there another solution or is my keyboard receiver on my tap defective? 

Someone posted the following 2 days ago:  Press the assist button, enter into the setup, press F9 (to set defaults), Save and Exit.

I tried it yesterday and it seems it is working perfect. It hasn't frozen again.

Thanks a lot for the post. I think that's the real solution.

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 92 (8,453 Views)

Someone posted the following 2 days ago:  Press the assist button, enter into the setup, press F9 (to set defaults), Save and Exit.

I tried it yesterday and it seems it is working perfect. It hasn't frozen again.

Thanks a lot for the post. I think that's the real solution.

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 92 (8,437 Views)

Is this and Hwaynes post a joke? Pressing the assist button opens the solution center, there is no "bios area" nor do I know what "enter into the setup" means. The on screen (F) function buttons don't do anything from the solution center that I can tell. If you are for real and actually have a fix please post more detailed or correct instructions. Thank you.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook