Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 41 of 92 (5,065 Views)

Re: Still no solution to the disconnecting-keyboard-issue with Windows 8.1?

Oh! Thanks for this feedback.  I just wish SONY could of told me this months ago.

I will try this way, versus using PAIRING_TOOL.exe

Enthusiast
Message 42 of 92 (5,035 Views)

Hi gals & guys,

I have a TAP11 SVT11213CXB and had tried all what had been mentioned in this thread but still no success:

• BIOS reset to default
  • Pairing tool, still get the error message "Fail to get the dongle handle", yes I did hold the ctrl+esc keys while keyboard was off and on, the keboard lights blink but  still not working
  • Reset the PC to factory settings and started  from scratch (win8), applied all the win8 updates  and also the Sony updates, BIOS update and then updated to win8.1, applied the windows updates and the Sony but still no luck
  • In the Airplane mode I don't have the "Keyboard receiver" option

My keyboard  did work when I bought the PC but I only used a couple of times, just now that I wanted to use it again after updating to win8.1 is when I had this problem.

When I reset it to factory values in win8 the keyboard didn't work in Safe mode nor in the BIOS,same happens now with win8.1, so bottom line I have a non functional keyboard, anybody have a solution for this?? really appreciate the help, this is really time consuming.

Regards

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 92 (5,004 Views)

I installed the latest Wndows 8.1 update (almost 1 GB), and the problem seems to be solved. If we remember that that problem was first known, when upgrading from windows 8 to windows 8.1, we can think that Microsoft caused the problem, not Sony. So it seems that they fixed it. I hope everyone have had the same result.

Rookie
Message 44 of 92 (4,933 Views)

Re: VAIO Tap 11 Keyboard Stopped Responding

Dear all,

Like some others, I can't find pairing_tool.

Please kindly ZIP that folder (contains pairing_tool) and send to me via thuthao1111@ymail.com, so I can try to pair it again.

Thank you so much.

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 92 (4,859 Views)

Re: VAIO Tap 11 Keyboard Stopped Responding

My Tap 11 keyboard disconnect occasionally. I agree that the fastest way to reconnect is to turn off/on the keyboard receiver in PC setting/Network/Airplane mode/keyboard receiver. I have created a short-cut directly to this to make it really easy on my desktop.

Unfortunately, this forum does not allow me to attach the shortcut here...

To set this short-cut, you can search "This PC" for "airplane mode". There are a few files with similiar names. Select the following one and create a short-cut.

FILE name: AAA_SystemSettings_Radio_IsAirplaneModeEnabled

Location: C:\Users\PC OR user name\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings\en-US

Hope this helps.

Enthusiast
Message 46 of 92 (4,521 Views)

Hi,
I'm having the same problem as described. Had any luck on fixing it?
Thanks.
Mauricio Schneck
Enthusiast
Message 47 of 92 (4,520 Views)

Hi,

As ca025 described, I'm having the same problem. The keyboard did work when I bought the tablet. The Sony Support wants me to send the tablet back for hardware fix. I still thinking that it's a software issue. I have a TAP11 SVT11213CXB and tried all discussed in this thread without success...

...BIOS reset to default

...Pairing tool, still get the error message "Fail to get the dongle handle", yes I did hold the ctrl+esc keys while keyboard was off and on, the keboard lights blink but  still not working

...Reset the PC to factory settings and started  from scratch (win8), applied all the win8 updates  and also the Sony updates, BIOS update and then updated to win8.1, applied the windows updates and the Sony but still no luck

...In the Airplane mode I don't have the "Keyboard receiver" option

I reset it to factory values in win8 the keyboard didn't work in Safe mode nor in the BIOS. Same to win8.1.

Any news about it?

Thanks.

Enthusiast
Message 48 of 92 (4,493 Views)

Hi,  I have the same Product NameSmiley FrustratedVT11213CXB.  I know your frustration..

I have gotten my VAIO Tap 11 to work consistently, though the Keyboard does go out ever so often.

1. At first you need to Reset BIOS.  I'm not sure the detailed steps, though you can try via F2 key during bootup/restart computer.

2. The reason I don't know details is because I used "ASSIST" button(Top Right) to get online real-time assisance,

including them taking control of my computer.  You may want to try this way.  It was a pretty good experience.

3.  Their is a blog in this thread about steps using PAIRING_TOOL.exe

Those steps work well once my KB goes dead. 

Hope this helps some.

Take care.

Enthusiast
Message 49 of 92 (4,491 Views)

Oh! also take a look at "PC Settings" --> "Network" --> "Airplane mode" -->Keyboard Receiver On/Off. Try Off/On sequence.
Enthusiast
Message 50 of 92 (4,462 Views)

Hi HWayne,

Thanks for your reply. I did all that before. The online real-time assisance took control of my computer and had no success. They asked to send in the tablet, but I'm in a long term work out of US. And about the "Keyboard Receiver" option at the Airplane Mode, as I said, that option doesn't exist! I'm still waiting for some help!

The hardware worked for some time, but today I cant make it back to work. Seems like the system lost some BIOS configuration or a hardware driver config. Even with the BIOS reset it doesnt work. When I try to pair, it says "Fail to get the dongle handle".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook