Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 51 of 90 (4,152 Views)

Re: Still no solution to the disconnecting-keyboard-issue with Windows 8.1?

Hi again. Oh! that's weird about not seeing Network-Airplane-Keyboard Receiver Off/On switch.  I wonder why, since you are on Windows 8.1 OS Version.  Also, about "Cannot see KB Dongle" message, I also had this message when my BIOS was no yet setup right.  Did you try to get ALL the drivers for your Model from SONY website?  I also did this, and reinstalled BIOS, Wireless drivers, but not sure what was the effect.

---

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVT11213CXB&LOC=3#/howtoTab

---

Take care.

Enthusiast
Message 52 of 90 (3,920 Views)

Have the same problem.  Have VAIO® Tap 11 Tablet PC Model # SVT11213CXB

Keyboard worked for a couple of weeks after the upgrade to Windows 8.1, and performing a System Recovery, which reverts to Windows 8, doesn't solve the problem.  So I don't think that it is a Microsoft issue as someone suggested.

I've tried all that has been suggested above.  Sony customer support, amongst other things, also told me to remove the Intel BT drivers, and reinstall / use the default MS drivers.  Didn't work either.

Pairing doesn't work, with Widows 8.1, or Windows 8 (after System Recovery) - get the message: "Fail to get the dongle handle".

How did you solve the problem?

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 90 (3,889 Views)

Hi everybody,

solution is very easy. I am waiting one week more. In case SONY will not solve our problem, I will

return my TAP11 to shop and ask for money back waranty. I reccomend to do it for every TAP 11 owners.

Nice date for tfis event is July 7.

Sony has to recognize ,Customer is not important just for first paymant.

Enthusiast
Message 54 of 90 (3,846 Views)

Re: VAIO Tap 11 Keyboard Stopped Responding

Thank you SO much for posting the specific directions for finding and using the pairing tool.  I called SONY support and they were unable to resolve my problem (sony event # E60233439).   They indicated that it must be a hardware problem and that I should take my computer back to Best Buy Geek Squad support for further hardware troubleshooting.  Luckily for me I kept searching and found your post.  It resolved my problem and saved me at least another hour of drive time and frustration dealing with Best Buy support folks in person.

dwc

Enthusiast
Message 55 of 90 (3,194 Views)

I had exactly the same problem. The keyboard and mouse did not work, keyboard sporadically typed same character numerous times by itself. Here is what fixed my problem: click on Vaio care icon – go to contact and support – click on eSupport Web site window – select drivers and software – enter your model number (mine is SVT11212CXB) – click on Go – select OS Windows 8.1 – go down to keyboard – download Keyboard Receiver Registry Settings Update (file name SOOOTH-PO322226-1102.exe – run the file as Administrator (right mouse click). It updates Airplane mode that did not have "Keyboard receiver" option. It does now.

Rookie
Message 56 of 90 (3,137 Views)

Does anyone know if a PCG-7184L screen replace my broken PCG-71C11U (vpcel10el) screen
Message 57 of 90 (3,111 Views)

Hi Andytoster1989,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. We respectfully suggest visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Yuri

Rookie
Message 58 of 90 (2,440 Views)

having the same issue, keyboard doesnt work, tried the pairing tool, says fail to dongle handle whatever that means. tried restarting computer, not working. my model number is  svt112a4tm

for crying out loud heeeelp

Enthusiast
Message 59 of 90 (2,430 Views)

Try this:

In my case the keyboard and mouse did not work, keyboard sporadically typed same character numerous times by itself.

Here is what fixed my problem: click on Vaio care icon – go to contact and support – click on eSupport Web site window – select drivers and software – enter your model number (mine is SVT11212CXB) – click on Go – select OS Windows 8.1 – go down to keyboard – download Keyboard Receiver Registry Settings Update (file name SOOOTH-PO322226-1102.exe – run the file as Administrator (right mouse click). It updates Airplane mode that did not have "Keyboard receiver" option. It does now.

Message 60 of 90 (2,379 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi alexgreys! Welcome to Sony Communty! 

igorgor is right (thanks and welcome too), you can try to update the software and driver of your laptop. It's great that it worked for igorgor. In addition to that, you may also try the troubleshooting steps here it that won't work:

1. Turn off the computer, disconnect all external mouse devices, keyboards, USB devices, and the port replicator or docking station, and then restart the computer.
    2. Ensure there is no any debris between the keys or liquid spilled on the keys.
    3. Remove and reinstall the keyboard driver.
    4. Reset the BIOS defaults

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook