Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 71 of 90 (1,702 Views)

Re: VAIO Tap 11 Keyboard Stopped Responding

To: Cybermark,

Hi,

thnx for your post - I will try to follow your instructions and let's see what will come out...

Before I do this I would like to make sure that you are really talking about the LATEST version of BIOS: you mentioned ver. R1140V8. I recently upgraded BIOS to the ver. R1170V8. Apparently mine must be the latest. Are you sure about R1140V8??? Is it critical to have namely R1140V8???

And sorry, I am not sure I got your very last phrase right - about Windows 10? What do you mean? Did you install Windows 10 on Tap 11 and the wireless keyboard is still working ok?

Thanks for your coming answer.

Dmitry

Enthusiast
Message 72 of 90 (1,691 Views)

As an instant follow up to my previous post to Cybermark...

I have just tried to follow your instructions - with no success.

I would like to repeat one more time that my BIOS version is R1170V8 (its peculiar feature - as I noticed - it enables hardware virtualization; this was not present in the previous BIOS version).

Next - when you are talking about "Restore Factory Default" - is it in the "Security... " section of the BIOS main manu? Or somewhere else ...

Your procedure explicitly fails in my case when the Keyboard Receiver Update utility (EP0000323846) shows red notice "Update failure!!!" - see the screenshot here

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BB5953902413C18!182119&authkey=!AJ2Y0AJDhikDGtk&v=3&ithint=pho...

One thing more: from this link (though it's about some other models of Tap 11)
http://www.sony.com.ph/support/download/610068
one can see that Sony suggest to check if a USB Composite Device is located at Port_#0001.Hub_#0003. I presume, on this USB device the Keyboard Receiver must be mounted. In my Device Manager I see 3 USB Composite Devices but neither of them are on the specified location (they are on  Port_#0003.Hub_#0002 - front camera, Port_#0002.Hub_#0002 - external USB keyboard, Port_#0013.Hub_#0002 - rear camera).

Apparently something prevents the Keyboard Receiver update package to mount the device on USB. Any ideas? Suggestions? At least, would anyone with operative wireless keyboard check and confirm that the USB Composite Device located at Port_#0001.Hub_#0003 is present on his/her PC... please. Thanks.

Dmitry

Apprentice
Message 73 of 90 (1,655 Views)

Hi, Dmitry,

In your case, yes, the BIOS version should be R1170V8, my applogies!

Yes I did Restore Factory Default in the "Security..." section, it works for me. First, I cleaned the cache, after that, I could pair the keyboard with my Tap11. Furthermore, when the keyboard is detached and turned on, it connects to Tap11 automatically at the login screen. Moreover, it works fine with both Windows 8.1 and 10.

Sony just released the new BIOS for SVT11227PXB. Maybe you have to wait for new firmware for the wireless keyboard. Sorry I cound not help you.

Cybermark

Enthusiast
Message 74 of 90 (1,642 Views)

To: Cybermark.

Hi, thnx again for your prompt reply. It's OK - no prob that you happen to be not able to help me. I believe it's 100% Sony's fault - as so many people have come across this keyboard issue so far and they have not yet developed reliable fix whatsoever.

But, if you don't mind, I would like to take a bit more of your time. Can you tell me the following:
1. when you was experiencing probs with the keyboard - was Keyboard Receiver switch missing from the "Airplane screen" of Change PC Settings? Or it was there and you problem was just pairing?

2. if yes, did you notice that this switch appeared just after you Resored Factory Defaults?

3. can you do me a favor and check on your Tap 11 PC (Device Manager) if you have the USB Composite Device located at Port_#0001.Hub_#0003? And - if yes - what does it show in the Details/Bus reported device description field?

Of course, when my keyboard worked and was paired, it always connected automatically to the PC at the login screen (and the Keyboard Receiver device was always detected). What makes me mad is that it surely must be somehow detected in Device Manager (may be with ques mark sign or as "Other device") - but it is not: my Device Manager simply does not see it!!!

Sorry again for botherig you but if you drop a couple of lines it would be great.

Thnx

Dmitry

Enthusiast
Message 75 of 90 (1,543 Views)

Hi Dmitry

Did you find any solution.

I am also having the same issue.

It would be helpful if you could share your fix .

Enthusiast
Message 76 of 90 (1,538 Views)

Hello,

sorry, no good news with this matter. The latest Sony Keyboard Receiver Firmware (EP0000323846) which is available here:

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=SVT11227PXB&upd_id=10460&os_group_id=27

keeps on failing to install (at least, in my case). The Receiver is not on the "Airplane mode" screen, no USB devices which may be associated with it are found in the Devices Manager.

Since I have once already rolled back the whole system to its factory conditions and it didn't help I see no any ways how to even try to fix the prob - until Sony issues a new firmware or gives clear instructions what should be done.

I wonder if Sony guys even know that the problem does exist and care for customers. Shame...

Enthusiast
Message 77 of 90 (1,531 Views)

Thanks a lot for your immediate response.

Let us wait until sony comes with the solution.

Enthusiast
Message 78 of 90 (1,418 Views)

I tried this method but it doesn't work for me. I'm using Window 10. Is there a new driver for Window 10 on this keyboard?

Message 79 of 90 (1,400 Views)

Hi chuckybel,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sad to hear that the keyboard stopped working. May I know how did your upgrade to Windows 10? Was the issue happened right after you upgrade? Make sure that the wireless keyboard is properly paired with the computer . If it won't pair, what was the error that you encountered, if there was? Make sure also to download all available updates for Windows 10.

Try to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver from Device Manager. If issue still persist, try to Reset the BIOS defaults. you may also perform a System Restore  to restore the computer to an earlier time. 

Note: System Restore is not applicable if the issue happened right after you upgrade to Windows 10. 

The list of compatible drivers available for Windows 10 are those that are on the website.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 80 of 90 (1,393 Views)

Dear Jen,

I understand that your reply was for "chuckybel", not for me... But may be it would be right for your to read carefully what was discussed on this topic just before the short post of "chuckybel".

In a nutshell:

1. the keyboard stopped responding NOT because (and/or after) upgrade from Win 8 -> Win 10; in my case (and as follows from this discussion - not only mine) it happened a couple of times when working at Win 8.1 ambience.

2. yours "Make sure that the wireless keyboard is properly paired with the computer ": didn't you notice that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PAIR THE KEYBOARD AT ALL!!! Because the "Keyboard receiver" is not listed in the "Airplane mode" screen (there are only WiFi, BT and NFC there). As well as no special USB device which may be deemed "responsible" for the keyboard receiver is present in the Device Manager. Procedure of pairing of the keyboard may help only if the system "sees" the receiver - otherwise the message "Fail to get the dongle handle" will be the result of the pairing tool launch.

3. Yours "Try to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver from Device Manager" - which keyboard driver do you mean??? There is NO any keyboard at all in the Device Manager list - therefore it's impossible to do anything with the absent "keyboard driver".

4. Yours "If issue still persist, try to Reset the BIOS defaults. you may also perform a System Restore  to restore the computer to an earlier time." If you have read my message posted on 17 April 2016 (see bottom of the page 7 of this topic) you would have noticed that I not only reset BIOS and did System Restore, but " completely reset the PC to the factory settings (using VAIO Care)" - and it still did not help.

I highly appreciate your desire to help us with the problem. And - of course - you are absolutely free to post any comment here. But IMHO - it is better to get acquainted with the previous discussions and previous suggestions before posting yours.

Sorry if my message here offended you whatever way. But the issue is so exasperating that any "new" useless suggestions (which in fact are the same as repeated several times "old" ones) make me somehow lose my temper.

Thank you.

Dmitry

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook