Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (487 Views)

VGN-FZ230E BIOS SEES HD BUT XP INSTALLATION DOES NOT

[ Edited ]

Trying to install XP on VGN-FZ230E. The BIOS sees the hard drive but s/w install program does not. The HD is formatted with NTFS. I've removed the drive, and put it in a docking station. It seems all the XP files are there after the XP installation disk has loaded.

Then, I put in a hard drive that was unallocated, and no option was given to partition or format the drive. Of course the installation process does not recognize a drive; however the BIOS does see the drive as a 250GB drive.

Any suggestions?

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3 (177 Views)

Re: VGN-FZ230E BIOS SEES HD BUT XP INSTALLATION DOES NOT

Even though it's not recommended, I installed W10 Home after upgrading the RAM to 4Gb. Works fine so far except I cannot access the onboard camera.

Message 3 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: VGN-FZ230E BIOS SEES HD BUT XP INSTALLATION DOES NOT

Hi, BeanerECMO

Welcome again to Sony Community! 

The built-in camera of your unit needs a driver to function properly. Unfortunately, there are no Windows 10 drivers for the VGNFZ230E. This unit came with Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNFZ230E&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/d.... You may try connecting an external web cam instead if you really need a camera. Just make sure to install the driver. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook